Thread: Giving away invites

pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I want to give away some invites. I was wondering if a thread existed which states which sites are ok to give away in public. I know technically even giving away an invite is a security risk. But I would like to share some of my wealth. I'm no complete moron I know for example giving away ftwr invites in public is a no no. I was wondering about others. I surely don't want to jeopardize my accounts due to generosity. Thanks in advance.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh View Post
    I want to give away some invites. I was wondering if a thread existed which states which sites are ok to give away in public. I know technically even giving away an invite is a security risk. But I would like to share some of my wealth. I'm no complete moron I know for example giving away ftwr invites in public is a no no. I was wondering about others. I surely don't want to jeopardize my accounts due to generosity. Thanks in advance.
    Why don't you ask tracker staff wether it's OK to give invites on FST. I can already tell you that 90% will answer it's a no go.

Why so careful (ex)trader? Fed up of getting banned?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    If it isn't in their FAQ then you should be alright.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Yeah I've done some trading in the past I am well aware that I screwed up. Who hasn't screwed up before. But instead of just creating another account and hiding it I've admitted to my mistakes. I'm also aware that giving invites is just as dangerous as trading. I'm being careful because I don't want to do anything against site rules. But I would like to give invites away to what may be deserving people. It seems that many people give away invites and I wanted to do the same. But thanks for your reply, I know now it's not a good idea. I have all I need pretty much and as I mentioned I don't want to lose what I have due to generosity. Thanks polarbear.
    Last edited by pharaoh; 06-27-2009 at 08:21 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Here's a start of those that are against their rules to give away I'm sure there are more ( ie just about every other one )

BitMe
    BitMeTV
    Bitspyder
    BCG
    Breathe
    CartoonChaos
    Comic-Releech
    elektronik
    fsc
    fux0r
    F***
    goem
    GFT
    iTS
    LzTr
    Ntorrents
    PtP
    RevTT
    ScienceHD
    STC
    ScL
    ScT
    STB
    TC
    U*-*
    VIPMusic
    What.CD
    x264
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-27-2009 at 08:47 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Qlix's Avatar saving forever BT Rep: +1
    My personal opinion is that you should invite people you know and trust in order to improve the tracker rather than inviting ratio cheaters and such.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    So long as you are not enriching or benefiting yourself(by e.g selling or trading the invites)and are trying to improve the tracker and are careful with whom you invite,i believe you'll be very much within the spirit of all the tracker rules.if you are responsible enough you really don't need tracker rules to baby sit you around.Staffers lead this by example through their own public giveaways and the more generous email only irc giveaways.

Just be careful who you invite.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I want to give away some invites. I was wondering if a thread existed which states which sites are ok to give away in public.
    Why give invites if you dont want to put your accounts on risk?

I know for example giving away ftwr invites in public is a no no.
    Actually you cant give ftwr invites because arent.

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Here's a start of those that are against their rules to give away I'm sure there are more ( ie just about every other one )
    haha, nice list, it's from TPS, right? Also, I recommend not giving away invites to any tracker on FST. Just too many scamers / traders / cheaters... And the rules of trackers also...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Also, I recommend not giving away invites to any tracker on FST. Just too many scamers / traders / cheaters...
    Did you verified them all?

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.