Thread: Help! HDBits account disabled...

Poster BT Rep: +2

Sick

Well, I never thought that I'd be creating one of these threads, but I am. My HDBits account has been disabled and I have no idea why.

I sent the following message via the email link on the faq page, but I have no idea if those emails are actually checked. So, if someone could forward this to an admin on HDBits by PM, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hello,

I tried to log in today (account: mavenfool) and found that my account was disabled. I have no idea why this would happen as I have not broken any rules.

I do not share the account with anyone.

I do not have multiple accounts.

I am using Utorrent 1.6.1 which is still allowed according to the site rules.

All I was doing was seeding some old torrents. I have not downloaded anything for over 2 weeks, so I haven't hit and run.

I have never tried to cheat in any way. I have the large amount of upload that I do (900+ GB) because I rented a Vectoral seedbox for a month earlier this year.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would look at my case as I believe that my account has been disabled in error.

Thanks,
    mavenfool

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    they have oink anti cheating script btw the script isnt perfect you can be one of the cases try prove that to hdbits ask them why in irc and if they say cheat you send them a print of your utorrent.

you need talk with them.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I can't get into the IRC channel now that my account is disabled. That is why I am seeking assistance here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by mavenfool View Post
    Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I can't get into the IRC channel now that my account is disabled. That is why I am seeking assistance here.
    i checked it out. your acount was disabled for hacking.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 11-23-2007 at 09:19 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Hacking? As in trying to hack the site? I've never tried to hack anything... I don't know even the first thing about hacking.

Or do you mean that my account was hacked?

Either way, this sucks. It would be great if someone could pm me contact info for an HDBits staff member so that I can try to get this sorted. That, or any other help that anyone can provide in resolving this situation will be much appreciated.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Mrststyle's Avatar w0wz0r123~ BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    well mate...u know what u did ..but it's disabled..sorry ..next time u should be more carefull

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Be more careful? How so? I did absolutely nothing wrong and I had a fairly strong password. What more can I do?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ReggieandMargo's Avatar Member
    Could you go to their IRC channel?
    Last edited by ReggieandMargo; 06-10-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: added some stuff.