Thread: Design Characteristics of Regulatory Institutions

QuillRose

Unsure

The design characteristics of South Asian Regulatory affairs institutions have been established not only in an otherwise static environment but also a hostile one.
    The hostility comes paradoxically from the bureaucracy that has to give up its traditional regulatory affairs functions. The hostility may also be attributed to the public sector undertakings that have always had their costs covered and interests protected and were not accountable either for their performance efficiency or service quality. There is also the threat of hostility from the consumer who is probably observing higher tariffs with near intangible benefits.

At the same time, the regulatory challenges that Regulatory affairs agencies have to deal with are provided by the huge shortages of supply, fiscal deficits and completely irrational tariffs. In such a scenario, it is all the more imperative to design the regulatory affairs institution such that it is able to withstand the tremendous pressures that will face it in the early years.

One of the major drawbacks of the existing designs of the regulatory institutions in the South Asian region is the selection process and the terms and conditions of employment of the chairperson, members and staff. Quite a few of the newly established regulatory affairs commissions are not fully staffed and in the case of those regulatory commissions where vacancies have come about, the concerned Governments have not been able to fill in these vacancies.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Interesting first post and in the lounge none the less

3. Lounge   -   #3
    GoLDeN's Avatar Black'n'White BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Interesting !!!!
    When You Trade You Don't Only Risk Your Account And The Site Security But You Show A Great DisRespects To The Site Staff And Members
    Screw Traders

4. Lounge   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +1

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Cut and paste is for the "News" section, old bean.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    zoe68's Avatar Enthusiast
    Am I in the lounge, I don't understand, is it a joke I don't get ?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Someone has cut and paste a lot of fancydan talk.

I have no idea why.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    The idea was pie. And my position is that I'm for it. I know this is just the kind of hard-edged, radical position taking that you can expect on this blog, the reason you know you can turn here first to hear opinions that are beholden to no one...except the guy up the road with the cherry trees, who I can't afford to piss off if I want pie. But this kind of risky political statement in favor of pie is just the sort of thing I know you'll wish to support by donating a large portion of your salary to keep me going. Just click on the button below that says "big heaping wads of cash."

I'm in favor of pie. I mean, what could be better than pie? It is commonly associated with good, noble things like motherhood, America, light bondage and domination, clowns and the federal reserve, so how could we not be for pie? In fact, who isn't for pie? Well...I have to tell you the ugly truth. There are powerful anti-pie interests in our government, and people working night and day to restrict your pie access. But we here at Casaubons book (Who is "we" you ask in puzzlement? Well, Sharon has obviously gone off the deep end writing her book, as you can tell from this post, so mostly the voices in her head. But they sometimes wear cool hats, and one of them is named "Leo.") are committed to bringing you the truth about pie access and other equally crucial issues, like socks and beer.
    Last edited by Snee; 11-24-2007 at 02:14 PM.