Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ex-traders changing name and hiding rep ?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyGnXz View Post
    With all of these bannings going on here & there.... probably they don't want to get caught.

i think there are some trackers that you wont get into no matter how big you trade . maybe they decided to play nice and get those trackers

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    do they really change the name ?!!
    this is the first time i know this
    anyway , if somebody checked their profiles they will get caught ( i'm ex-trader )
    so there's no point of changing the name

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    why would someone change their name to hide their rep when there is an option in their user profile to hide their rep?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    why would someone change their name to hide their rep when there is an option in their user profile to hide their rep?
    no he means change the name AND hide their rep

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    sense's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    You can't hide your previous posts and your trading background.

There are a number of people doing this but it will eventually come out making you look like a total ass. You don't need to create another identity to move away from trading. Alas, it's only about getting into those "top levels" for some and speed is of the essence.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I think the answer would be obvious...they want to hide their past and trick people into thinking they are not a scumbag. It's the same reason a number of people post on here with multiple accounts.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    are giveaways considered to be trading..? and here i thought i was doing a good thing helping out fellow members
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    trick people into thinking they are not a scumbag.
    I find the term scumbag to be very harsh, there's many people who don't trade that received their invites from people who do trade.

Trading is against tracker rules of course but not all traders are bad guys i'm sure of that

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    I think the answer would be obvious...they want to hide their past and trick people into thinking they are not a scumbag. It's the same reason a number of people post on here with multiple accounts.
    i didn't realize it is that bad..

anyone here knows who i am. my nick is different on different trackers but people know i'm 'danielle' 'bunny' ..... and others. I tell people the connection if I have to. I have a history and it is better then most staff, so I have nothing to fear. Of course telling people i'm a siteop here and an admin there doesn't really happen for obvious reasons.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well I remember when I put mine away, I did it because I felt I didn't need it anymore. I know this may sound odd but There's a passage in the Bible ( of all things ) that comes to mind

1 Corinthians 13:11
    When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.

5hit thats gonna be me new sig
    Last edited by Detale; 11-26-2007 at 02:37 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast