Thread: Learning Photoshop 7

Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    For a few months now, I've been a Macromediaphile. If it really is that hard to figure out what it means, I have a great interest & use of Macromedia products, more specifically Studio MX Plus. The one program which I use more than any others is Fireworks MX - To me, I can do more with this one program in a short amount of time than I can with the rest. Its ease of use and ability to make a vector image look effective quickly made me use it for practically any image I made from scratch - Most obvious example is my sig below.

However, Photoshop is usually said as superior imaging software, but when I tried it the only thing I could really learn/find was how to use effects on pictures I dropped it within an hour then.

But seeing the professional look in pol's splashes compared with mine (Made in Fireworks, naturally), I've decided to have a look at it again. Only thing is that the interface seems a hell of a lot harder to learn than Fireworks did.

Photoshop users - Is there any material (e.g. e-books, tutorial web sites, etc) which would be of help in learning the ins & outs of Photoshop. I'm talking either learning the basics of using PS and/or how to make decent effects. I'm only interested in those which say how to make custom vector images for now; I don't care about effects in photos right now.

I have no problem calling myself (currently) a complete newbie with Photoshop, so the more simpler the material the better (e.g. more comprehensive, but not sub-JPEG - I'd prefer it simple enough to learn but not simple enough to be patronised )

Thanks to all those who help me out on this - If I can learn Photoshop like I did Fireworks, I should be able to make some better images than the usual stuff I am already

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    TRshady
    It's an amazing program which I'm trying to learn.
    Check out: psmeg.co.uk for great video tutorials.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Thanks for that - Any more?

There is one easy thing for me to use Photoshop actually - I can use Xenofex 2 for PS and I could with FW

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    What i prefer to do in pshop is use tuts. that is specific tutorials on how to create certain effects and graphics. first, you could try posting specific effects you want to obtain using pshop on the tutorial forums. If not try some of my favourite tut sites. Spoono and Robouk Tuts.

Hope this helps.