Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sean Taylor Has Been Shot!

fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

R.I.P. Sean Taylor.

Very talented NFL safety.

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    I think a few rounds fired in the direction of an intruder is more of a deterrent than a machete. If I hear someone in MY house, you can best believe they will hear hot lead going through drywall. I certainly believe if the intruder realized the homeowner was armed with a gun, he would have left the premises quickly. Most cases, the burgalar carries the handgun to scare off anyone that may catch them in the act. They have no intentions of killing anyone. He obviously was scared shitless to see someone of Sean Taylor's size and then the huge knife in his hand.

A handgun is not a close combat weapon? A handgun was designed primarily for close encounters. Look, I'm all for stopping violence and senseless killing. But this is the United States of America. We honor our right to bear arms. Warning shots have saved many lives. That loud noise causes a definate reaction.
    thats why we got a 45. Hell no need to even shoot it, the robber can hear that thing cock and would run like hell. If not, I got 8 hollow points left to convince him otherwise
    but the main reason I have it is to go shoot random shit

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I think a few rounds fired in the direction of an intruder is more of a deterrent than a machete. If I hear someone in MY house, you can best believe they will hear hot lead going through drywall.

Hopefully you don't shoot someone that's supposed to be there.

I certainly believe if the intruder realized the homeowner was armed with a gun, he would have left the premises quickly. Most cases, the burgalar carries the handgun to scare off anyone that may catch them in the act. They have no intentions of killing anyone. He obviously was scared shitless to see someone of Sean Taylor's size and then the huge knife in his hand.

A handgun is not a close combat weapon? A handgun was designed primarily for close encounters. Look, I'm all for stopping violence and senseless killing. But this is the United States of America. We honor our right to bear arms. Warning shots have saved many lives. That loud noise causes a definate reaction.

What can you do to deter a robber with a machete? Yell, "I have a knife! A big knife!" The next time an armed assailant enters YOUR home with a firearm, please grab a machete and we'll see who wins that battle. There's an old expression - don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Why? You figure it out.
    The person that broke in his house was there to kill him so the only thing Sean could have done was deter the killer enough to value his own life vs. killing Sean or kill the intruder outright.

Intruder dies or intruder says, "fuck this shit".

I always thought handguns were made for concealment and maneuverability. This does translate better in close quarter situations though.

Also, we don't know exactly how Sean was shot. It could have very well had been that a gun wouldn't have mattered. However, a machete is laughable in that situation which is why I said the shouldacouldawoulda (who knew I'd get the anti-gun police in here).

This has dominated the news down here and sports radio is has this as the only topic.

Folks were at the stadium crying their asses off.

I wish I was more saddened by the situation. What gets to me is how creepy and sudden the whole thing is.

Last week there was a knife left on his bed. Today he dies from a gunshot by someone who had been in his house before and cut the phone line.

I think his gf (baby mama) had him killed personally but that's just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by AmpeD View Post
    I think a few rounds fired in the direction of an intruder is more of a deterrent than a machete. If I hear someone in MY house, you can best believe they will hear hot lead going through drywall. I certainly believe if the intruder realized the homeowner was armed with a gun, he would have left the premises quickly. Most cases, the burgalar carries the handgun to scare off anyone that may catch them in the act. They have no intentions of killing anyone. He obviously was scared shitless to see someone of Sean Taylor's size and then the huge knife in his hand.

thats why we got a 45. Hell no need to even shoot it, the robber can hear that thing cock and would run like hell. If not, I got 8 hollow points left to convince him otherwise
    Like passersby, no doubt.

I hope no one breaks in my home. I don't wanna have to get my gun. Anyone who does shouldn't have one.

You never know how shit'll play out.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 11-28-2007 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

I hope no one breaks in my home. I don't wanna have to get my gun. Anyone who does shouldn't have one.

absolutely, but you also dont want to be stuck without one

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin

absolutely, but you also dont want to be stuck without one
    Exactly. Better to have one and not need it, than need it and not have one.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    The family of slain Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor will get little comfort from the arrest of four suspects, a family friend said, particularly since it appears the killing happened because of greed.

"They targeted him for his wealth," said Richard Sharpstein, Taylor's former attorney. "It makes his death even more pathetic, unnecessary and just actually disgusting."

Police arrested four people Friday in connection with Taylor's shooting death, saying they went to the home intent on committing a burglary, not killing.

The suspects didn't expect Taylor to be there, said Miami-Dade County police Director Robert Parker, but the Redskins safety was recuperating from a knee injury and had returned from Washington. When Taylor surprised them, he was shot.

"They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone," Parker said. "They were expecting a residence that was not occupied. So murder or shooting someone was not their initial motive."

Police spokeswoman Linda O'Brien identified the suspects as: Venjah K. Hunte, 20; Eric Rivera Jr., 17; Jason Scott Mitchell, 19; and Charles Kendrick Lee Wardlow, 18. O'Brien said the charges for each had not yet been determined, but "we are talking murder and burglary."

Authorities had more than one confession, but Parker would not elaborate.

The four were arrested Friday in southwest Florida, about 100 miles from Miami. They will be booked into the Lee County Jail and eventually will be returned to Miami, O'Brien said. She did not have any information on when they would appear in court, their hometowns or if they had attorneys.

Sharpstein had not spoken with Taylor's family regarding Friday's arrests, but said he doubted they provided any comfort.

"I know they are just saddened and appalled. The fact that they arrested his killer is no comfort to them," he said. "It probably inflames them more, because it tells them people were trying to steal from him.

"They are murderers. They should be treated like murderers and put in the Miami River and floated away."

The 24-year-old Pro Bowl safety died Tuesday, one day after being shot at his home in an affluent Miami suburb during what officials said appeared to be an attempted burglary.

Police have been investigating a possible link to a Nov. 17 break-in at Taylor's home, during which they said someone pried open a front window, rifled through drawers and left a kitchen knife on a bed.

"We're looking into whether or not one or more of the individuals had been at the residence before," Parker said.

The Miami Herald reported on its Web site that Mitchell and Wardlow had connections to Taylor. Mitchell cut Taylor's lawn and did other chores at the house, Mitchell's twin brother, Scottie, told the paper. Taylor's sister, Sasha Johnson, dates Wardlow's older cousin Christopher, and Scottie Mitchell told the paper the couple invited Jason Mitchell to Johnson's birthday party within the past two months.

A woman who identified herself as Jason Mitchell's mother told the Naples Daily News her son was at a birthday party at Sean Taylor's home a couple months ago. She also said her son was at home all week and last weekend.

"I don't know where he's at, I don't know why he's being held," she told the Naples paper. "No parent should see this happen to their child."

O'Brien would not confirm the reports when contacted by The Associated Press.

Taylor and longtime girlfriend, Jackie Garcia, were awakened early Monday by loud noises at Taylor's home in an affluent Miami suburb. Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection, Sharpstein said. Someone broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one missing and one hitting Taylor in the upper leg. Neither the couple's 18-month-old daughter, also named Jackie, nor Garcia were injured.

The bullet damaged the femoral artery in Taylor's leg, causing significant blood loss. Taylor never regained consciousness and died a little more than 24 hours later.

A public viewing for Taylor is scheduled Sunday in Miami, and the entire Redskins organization plans to fly to Florida to attend Monday's funeral at Pharmed Arena at Florida International University.

The Redskins also announced that fans attending Sunday's game will receive a towel with Taylor's No. 21 jersey on it, and his name will be displayed prominently in an end zone.

Redskins owner Dan Snyder said the team will contribute a minimum of $500,000 to a fund to benefit Taylor's daughter, and he released a statement late Friday acknowledging the arrests.

"This is another step, but not a conclusion, in a very personal and painful tragedy," he said. "I also want to thank everyone who has joined us in mourning the loss of Sean. People from all over the world contacted the Redskins to share our grief and offer their prayers for Sean and his family. We will never forget the courage his family, especially Jackie, Pete and Donna, have shown. Their composure has been a source of strength for us all."
    There you have it, simple fucking robbery by folks that had been in his home before.

He died from a simple fucking robbery.

Fucking pathetic....

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

There you have it, simple fucking robbery by folks that had been in his home before.

Fucking pathetic....
    He knew the fuckers too. Had invited them to birthday parties and whatnot.

Fucking savages...

yo

8. Sports Club   -   #28
    4 suspects are in custody. Authorities are looking for a fifth.

It's weird. I've heard that there have been two confessions.

Now knowing there were 4 people (possibly 5 involved) I really, really wish he had a gun.

That's a fucking home invasion. Invasions almost never end well for the occupant.

I also think that's bullshit that they didn't know anyone was home.

I am glad that I didn't watch the funeral. I probably would have bitched up.

I wish the people that did this were locked in a room with the Redskins.

I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Fucking pathetic....
    He knew the fuckers too. Had invited them to birthday parties and whatnot.

Fucking savages...
    ....one guy mowed his lawn too.

I haven't discounted the fact that these fuckers were not robbing him but are just saying so so it doesn't look like 1st degree murder.

If I was a lawyer, I sure would advise my client to do that if the case was airtight.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 12-05-2007 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Sports Club   -   #29

If I was a lawyer, I sure would advise my client to do that if the case was airtight.
    either way, its murder. Certain crimes like kidnapping, armed robbery, and a few others are high enough risk that if someone dies, it is murder not manslaughter

10. Sports Club   -   #30
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

either way, its murder. Certain crimes like kidnapping, armed robbery, and a few others are high enough risk that if someone dies, it is murder not manslaughter
    It's not 1st degree murder though.

That will get you the chair or life.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast