Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you use different password for different bt site?

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    mollusk, backing up the whole profile...i could use that thanks again

@ sarge, thanks...seems to be something that will suit me.

@ Blue_Skies, i think you should let ur browser memorize the pw...too much work to c & p pw while logging in, don't u think?

@ Forumas, ya if you have different nick...using same pass isn't much of problem.
    Actually it's pretty easy once you get used to it. I don't use my browser because I clear it completely from time to time. Also let's say some scriptkid with nothing better to do comes up with some exploit that compromises my browser. I prefer to keep my passwords out of others reach. A random titled notepad in some random document or program folder using abbreviations that only I understand does that
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by mollusk View Post

Firefox password exporter can be used to backup your passwords.
    +1, I love that extension.

I have different passwords though, and I usually can remember them. I relate words to the tracker and use that for the pass.

I don't mind saying it because my brain works in really random ways, no one would be able to guess it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Different password for every site of course backed up to a text file. I lost a hard drive this week so no way to make a backup of that file

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    KeePass: http://keepass.info/

at any site I signup it generate a random password... very long, very very complicated.

additionally I store it in firefox (I trust it... )

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    never heard of keepass. But sounds good. Thanks yayyyyyyy.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    yes. different usernames and passwords for every tracker ?

how do i manage it ? its pretty complex actually

first i got to open a notepad , type it down and save it . time consuming but its worth it :|

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    whenever i sign up at a tracker i recover pass for once and that my pass ff remember for me i don't remember any pass

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    KeePass: http://keepass.info/

at any site I signup it generate a random password... very long, very very complicated.

additionally I store it in firefox (I trust it... )
    Even though this topic can be used to see who is using the same passwords everywhere, its nice to see suggestions like the one above to both generate & store passwords.

The Spirit of Something Greater

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    ZedZedZed's Avatar Poster
    Yep, I use different passwords on all sites. My browser remember them all. If my browser loses the passwords, I just recover lol

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I use 3 password only.....
    Same nick in almost all of my trackers... " Planning to change this in my future trackers "
    4 different email address...
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast