Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lan Internet

Poster
    I have a Lan in my house and im using a Hub, i have a Cable internet connection and im using a program called Proxy+ but i cant get Kazaa or messenger in my other Comp, I can use IE in my other Comp. Is there a way to open ports or something so i can use Kazaa, messenger and other progs.
    THANX

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    My router has a built in web interface so that I can manage what ports I want to have open. All ports are closed by default. However, a hub is merely nothing but a device that connects multiple boxes together most of the times by using cat5 cables and ethernet cards. Most hubs dont provide firewall protection unless its affiliated with some type of router along with it. So I really cant see why you would be having a problem. It seems to me that the Proxy + program your using may not be configured correctly. Refer back to the documentation if any..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    what os u using? I know xp has built in internet connection sharing that will allow messenger, kazaa and various other things to run happily through it. Also what kind of proxy does Proxy+ set up if its an http proxy try to get software that sets up a socks 5 proxy. U can persuade loads of programs to run thru a socks 5 proxy.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I have XP but i tried a lot of things and nothing seems to help just that Proxy+ cuz its free if you know how pleaz help me...
    Thanx

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    k im the guy that went to that guy Cygnuz and installed him the proxy

its an http proxy...not a socks5 or any socks... windows xp.... didnt seem that the xp sharing conn thingy worked well...so we tried proxy+

I got him running ie....which is good however i tried messenger with HTTP proxy in the preferences and it didnt work. It shouldave cuz it was configured the same way as IE.

As for Kazaa...its options dont have HTTP proxy, just socks5.... sniff

oh well i got him IE running

and as I know...this guy doesnt like Kazaa cuz his machine reboots and he loses all his partial downloads (any advice for this?.... it doesnt happen to me)

oh well....
    DWk

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    chalkmongoose
    What about shoes?
    Try uninstalling yer proxy, and setting up your machine to use static ip, also open up your machine as the DMZ host. Then if you really want a proxy, go ahead.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I love Kazaa but i dont know why it erase all my downloads when my Comp restarts, Cuz Bittorrent saves my partial dl, i dot know why kazaa doesnt

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@22 July 2003 - 02:39
    I love Kazaa but i dont know why it erase all my downloads when my Comp restarts, Cuz Bittorrent saves my partial dl, i dot know why kazaa doesnt
    That's a problem, but why post here? Your in the wrong goddamn section of the forum, and you've hijacked someone else's post.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    lol please read who actually posted in the first place....
    dont say he hijacked his own post?
    rofl
    humans...
    DWk

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    chalkmongoose
    I know who posted. And if he wants to post another topic in the topic he started in the first place then fine. But that's an ISSUE that can be SOLVED and if he wants help, he needs to ask in the QUESTIONS forum...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast