Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Usenet

I am not a n00b BT Rep: +4
    Another one for Ngroups.NET, also on the $10 unlimited price plan and had no problems.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Member BT Rep: +5
    I use Newsdemon. Unlimited with 110 completion for 14 euro. I'm very pleased with speed, always capping my DSL.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think $25 /mo is too much as well. Then again 200 days of retention is a lot. I usually get the $39.95 for 3 months with Usenetserver. The speed is great for me. I max my 10Mbit connection. I was getting the too many connections BS but I splitted the connections between servers and adjusted my setttings in Newsleecher and is good now.

Ngroups sounds even cheaper but I have never been with them so I can't provide feedback.

Oh yeah there is also Easynews. I still use it. $9.99 for 20 gigs though and you can get free gigs doing a weekly survey too. Nothing beats it with their web interface and all the features it has. The speed is amazing too. I have over 350 gigs banked because I have been with them for like 4 years. I wish I could use all those gigs but lol I just can't.

I wish it had better retention though. Then I would not use Usenetserver at all. I just read that their new NNTP farms in US and Europe have 70 days retention.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    I think $25 /mo is too much as well. Then again 200 days of retention is a lot. I usually get the $39.95 for 3 months with Usenetserver. The speed is great for me. I max my 10Mbit connection. I was getting the too many connections BS but I splitted the connections between servers and adjusted my setttings in Newsleecher and is good now.

Ngroups sounds even cheaper but I have never been with them so I can't provide feedback.

Oh yeah there is also Easynews. I still use it. $9.99 for 20 gigs though and you can get free gigs doing a weekly survey too. Nothing beats it with their web interface and all the features it has. The speed is amazing too. I have over 350 gigs banked because I have been with them for like 4 years. I wish I could use all those gigs but lol I just can't.

I wish it had better retention though. Then I would not use Usenetserver at all. I just read that their new NNTP farms in US and Europe have 70 days retention.
    No need for the 24.99 one. The $19/month one is fine.

yo

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    $19.99 for the 1st month and after this $29.99
    2 months diamond unlimited=(19.99+29.99)/2=$24.99/month
    1 month platinum unlimited=$24.99
    this is too much for me, i use Ngroups $9.99 promo
    Last edited by r77; 11-29-2007 at 02:41 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by josephs911 View Post
    Well I finally decided to make the jump, but now I have a question what service would you recommend. Currently The two i have in mind are NewsDemon, and Giganews what does everyone else use, and are there any tips or anything I should know before starting the whole usenet thing. I have also looked at Newshosting & UseNetServer but neither of them seemed to meet my needs. So any help with this will be wonderful.

Thanks
    Sooo.... what did you go with?

yo

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    josephs911's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Well I finally decided to make the jump, but now I have a question what service would you recommend. Currently The two i have in mind are NewsDemon, and Giganews what does everyone else use, and are there any tips or anything I should know before starting the whole usenet thing. I have also looked at Newshosting & UseNetServer but neither of them seemed to meet my needs. So any help with this will be wonderful.

Thanks
    Sooo.... what did you go with?
    I am still trying to decide I havent had time to look at all my options, so this weekend I will sit down and make a decision alot of good information here thanks guys
    “When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    josephs911's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Well I did it, I signed up for Giganews today
    Cant wait to dive right in...
    “When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    bravo,the best choice for sure

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Well I did it, I signed up for Giganews today
    Cant wait to dive right in...
    Welcome to the mountaintop.

yo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast