Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How safe is downloading with Rapidshare?

Creeping Death's Avatar Pedant
    Well, I'm giving up this whole bittorrent malarkey what with sites constantly being shut down and people being sued, and now I was wondering what I should switch to.

I was thinking Rapidshare, but I just wanted to know how "safe" it is to download with Rapidshare?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    and now I was wondering what I should switch to.
    Usenet .advice from a guy who use rapidshare and bittorrent
    Last edited by r77; 11-29-2007 at 05:59 PM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    helsing's Avatar überleetzor
    Well, rapidshare is okay only with a premium account, otherwise there maybe might be some way to overide it, but its just too much work. And it is safe. Safer than the torrent protocol.
    Study Study Study!!!!!!!!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    With a good download manager you can usually max your connection with Rapidshare and release times are fairly decent. On the negative side though, if you're not careful where you post your links they get reported by lamers and then Rapidshare deletes em. However, the uploader gets in no trouble at all and they don't care if you upload a bunch more pirated stuff. IMHO, it is a very secure method and the people that release from the scene to rapidshare almost never get caught because their IP is secure and Rapidshare doens't really give a flying fuck what you upload

Also, my opinion of Usenet is that the release times are superb and you get content a lot faster but because of different retention rates, sometimes it is difficult to download older releases. There are some Usenet companies like Giganews that have a retention rate of 200 days but I recommend if you are a noob with usenet to start off with a block account from http://usenet-news.net/. And before I get anymore long winded, the people I know who use Usenet never have ISP problems, get sued, or get scene-banned so all in all, you can decide which one floats ur boat and pick. Some people will argue and say that warez should be free but you're not really paying for warez when you pay for Rapidshare or Usenet, you're paying for reliability, fast speeds and security.
    Last edited by tusks; 11-29-2007 at 09:31 PM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    melatonin's Avatar the entertainer™ BT Rep: +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90
    rapidshare is great but i still couldnt find a way to copy paste all 100 parts and start downloading. everytime i gotta copy paste url's one by one
    " Verba Volant Scripta Manent "

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    What speeds do you guys get with rapidshare?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I max out my 8mb connection. And melatonin, there's an easy way to fix that problem. I'll PM u the solution
    Last edited by tusks; 12-01-2007 at 01:30 AM.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    50% i dont like to download movies from it and games so

i download only software

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    tusks, why don't you post the solution here ?
    I am looking for it too...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I will make another post about it soon Doombringer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast