Thread: Question about public trackers and stats

I have a question about torrent download stats on sites. I used demonoid mostly and I thought their target file and torrent file download stats were pretty accurate, pls correct me if i'm wrong. Do any other public trackers have decent stat tracking? I dont really need the torrent file downloads, just the target file. Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by technics2000 View Post
    I have a question about torrent download stats on sites. I used demonoid mostly and I thought their target file and torrent file download stats were pretty accurate, pls correct me if i'm wrong. Do any other public trackers have decent stat tracking? I dont really need the torrent file downloads, just the target file. Thanks
    demonoid's stat trackings were a piece of crap. it's not hard to be better with that subject. updated 24h a day and inaccurate like a broken watch.

but there's something you don't understand:

public trackers don't aquire registration. so that's why they have no proper stats. it's just too much work with this amount of peers.

join a private tracker, mucho better there.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i know their ratio and amount uploaded/downloaded was messed up but I thought the other stats were accurate.

btw, i'm already a member at private trackers I just like to put my own stuff on public trackers and I like to know how many people have downloaded it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by technics2000 View Post
    i know their ratio and amount uploaded/downloaded was messed up but I thought the other stats were accurate.
    not really. you will find out if you join a good private site.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Good bye Demonid there system there was crap as polarbear say update ever 24h

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Again, I know their ratio system updated every 24 hours but im not referring to those.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    still,i miss Demonoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Without good, original content, a tracker is nothing but a lonely teenage boy's chatroom.