Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Not Sure If This Is The Best Place For This...

what is a site that would allow me to post images/music that i could link to from other sites and have them load from the other place for free. My journal doesn't allow me to upload the music i want to have in my journal, and i cant find a free place i can upload the music to. Any suguestions?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by apunkrockmonk@22 July 2003 - 03:29
    what is a site that would allow me to post images/music that i could link to from other sites and have them load from the other place for free. My journal doesn't allow me to upload the music i want to have in my journal, and i cant find a free place i can upload the music to. Any suguestions?
    No good ones. Free music hosting is not a possiblity... If you find one, great, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
    You could try purchasing hosting from some company, or doing it yourself. The process of purchasing hosting has become mucho cheapola over the years.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    how hard would it be to do it myself?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If you have broadband internet alot of the times they give you around 15-50Mb of web space. If not it is pretty cheap. get it from Yahoo or some other place. Village photo's is good for pictures though.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I know its not probably good, but if you have a nice config, static IP and a broadband connection, host those on your pc.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i have broadband and a static ip... how do i host it from my pc? i have a legit copy of xp home if that has anything to do with it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    no one can help me? or tell me where a guide may be?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by apunkrockmonk@22 July 2003 - 12:54
    no one can help me? or tell me where a guide may be?
    Install IIS in WINXP. Start the service by going into Administrative Tools > Internet Information Service. Start it, and set the default directory with all the files you want.

Hope this helps&#33;
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Also, get your router&#39;s IP, and that should be your address. If you want get a free url forwarding service from .tk or anywhere else and forward it to your url.

Edit: Have a good firewall along with it too... :pirate:

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    he wont have iis as it doesnt come with xp home and he said he had xp home. if ur doing alot of posting files all over the place and ur connection isnt that fast i would bother hosting on ur own pc as it will kill ur connection, u&#39;ll just need to find a site that will allow, or link to a page on that a site, eg lycos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast