Thread: Another Kazupernode Tip

To help find sn's on which your relatively rare file is being uploaded:

Click on the "file" drop-down menu, clicking on "Extract SN IP's of dat file." Click on and open the file you wish to target for dl.

Check status on the list to find active supernodes, response times, location and switch to a SN with response time 0.

Not all rare files will come up with a list, but I used this method for finding SN's to dl T3. After a week of using my favorite sn's and random ones from the kazaa list, I stumbled on this area of the "file" menu. After connecting to sn's on this list, I was able to dl T3 in a couple of days. That's pretty slow for you folks who use bittorrent, etc, but pretty speedy for kazaa.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    nearly the same tip as i posted a bit before...
    it doesnt matter, connecting to a SN near you with a low response time is just fine, no other things are needed to be done...

tralalala

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by tralalala@22 July 2003 - 11:08
    it doesnt matter, connecting to a SN near you with a low response time is just fine, no other things are needed to be done...

tralalala
    It's not quite the same tip, except the part about finding location and response time. The key in my case was to find supernodes on which the specific file I wanted was being uploaded. A week of switching between sn's from the general list or my list of favorites did nothing. Incidentally, I have found that the closest sn to me has not necessarily been the fastest.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by tralalala@22 July 2003 - 11:08

tralalala
    It's not quite the same tip, except the part about finding location and response time. The key in my case was to find supernodes on which the specific file I wanted was being uploaded ( using the "extract SN IP's of dat file" function). A week of switching between sn's from the general list or my list of favorites did nothing. Incidentally, I have found that the closest sn to me has not necessarily been the fastest.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    This makes sense, nice TIP, though it seems that SN would have had already found a source if in the dat, thus maybe reapeating the same search, sort of. After a first try on a file that was slow I got some connections, though I'll see how steady.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Nice tip.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    i've tryed this tip... it doesn't seem to find new sources...it just seems to use the current ones

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    jus had a go and i got a source for a file tuk me ages to get a source before doing this

but goin at 2k

nice tip

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I too have tried this and got new Supernodes with rare files.......well at least files i wasn't finding readily b4
    by the way, are supernodes hopped for quicker download speeds or finding files not listed on other supernodes?
    Are all the supernodes equipped with the same file lists or just the files of the people connected to that supernode?
    pleeeez explain
    anyone anyone?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Good tip, but what happens if the user with the rare file connects to another supernode? Not all users stay on the same supernode everytime they use Kazaa or K-Lite.