Thread: Noobish question

kostnkost's Avatar "Otay" BT Rep: +1
    I downloaded a file from a certain tracker, and seeded till the ratio was 2.0. I was wondering if I can help seed it at a different tracker now.

Is this even possible? If so how using Utorrent.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    It is definitely possible, as long as the file is exactly the same at another site. All you have to do is download the .torrent file from the second tracker and point it to the downloaded file.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    antipower187's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +5
    It's possible only if the current tracker allows you to share the content to other trackers. Some trackers will ban you if you leak their stuff but this is mainly on content specific trackers, not general sites.

Go to the site you want to upload the torrent. create a new torrent with the new site's tracker address.

Upload the new torrent and wait for people to start downloading. seed forever my man..

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Why does it matter if it is the same file if you are redownloading the file from the 2nd site???

The point is moot then.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    antipower187's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +5
    If the files don't match up you wont be able to seed it. they both need to be identical.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Hmmm....

Tracker sender invalid data. It is the same size and exact same file though.

I might have messed something up in the process.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Torn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Make a copy of the same file.
    Paste that copy in a new folder.
    Open up the torrent file, from the new tracker, in utorrent.
    Before accepting to download, find where you put the new file.
    Accept.
    Done.

Even if the file was somehow slightly modified (added .txt, .nfo, etc..) it would just download the extra files. However the main portion should automatically re-seed.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    What I do is to download another .torrent from the other site, then in the popup that utorrent brings up, u point it to the directory where the files are. Then you dont start the torrent but force a recheck. After that, it should work.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Double check the filenames to make sure they're the same, and the paths too. If it points to Disk 1 > file 1 it needs to be named the same.