Thread: Most Recent Version Of Maya

I'm a little confused what the current version of maya is. I looked on their website, but all i found was Maya unlimited and maya complete. I think Unlimited is the higher end version, but not sure what actual number version is.
    Can someone help me out, possibly with a sig of the most current version?
    I searched a round a bit, but didn't seem to find what I was looking for.
    Thanks for any help!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I think I saw maya 5 on a BT site recently. That could be the most recent

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Anyone seen it on Kazaa? I think Maya 5 Unlimited is the one i'm looking for.

Thanks

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    The last version to be released by Alias Wavefront is Maya 5, though last time I checked it was 4.5 that was being shared around Kazaa.

Maya is split into three distinct versions.
    • PLE [Personal Learning Edition] - This is the free edition of Maya, available at Alias WF's site. Only problem is that they put a few limitations on it (saved files can only work on PLE, custom Maya PLE stamp automatically put on it, etc)
    • Complete - The standard version of Maya. This is where you get the most common features of Maya.
    • Unlimited - Far more expensive than Complete, but it has all the features that Maya has to offer. And some of those features are more technical than you've ever seen
    For the full deal then, look for Maya Unlimited 5

Hope that helps

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    why dont you just get cinema 4d its the third best 3d animating program and its found on kazaa thats were i got mine... and stuff ya
    1. maya
    2. screw it i forgot
    3. cinema 4d

why the hell wont my picture work in my siggy when i had it!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by ObLiViOuS_1.0@24 July 2003 - 18:26
    why dont you just get cinema 4d its the third best 3d animating program and its found on kazaa thats were i got mine... and stuff ya
    1. maya
    2. screw it i forgot
    3. cinema 4d

why the hell wont my picture work in my siggy when i had it!!!
    And why make needless compromises? Maya has been heavily protected from illegal usage, but ways of cracking it do exist, and are quite heavily spread about the 'net. There is no need to limit one's self to a program that you yourself have admitted only is "third best." Maya's unparalled functionality makes it the number one 3d rendering engine on the market today, and I wouldn't want anything else on my machine.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose+24 July 2003 - 22:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chalkmongoose @ 24 July 2003 - 22:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ObLiViOuS_1.0@24 July 2003 - 18:26
    1. maya
    2. screw it i forgot
    3. cinema 4d

why the hell wont my picture work in my siggy when i had it&#33;&#33;&#33;
    And why make needless compromises? Maya has been heavily protected from illegal usage, but ways of cracking it do exist, and are quite heavily spread about the &#39;net. There is no need to limit one&#39;s self to a program that you yourself have admitted only is "third best." Maya&#39;s unparalled functionality makes it the number one 3d rendering engine on the market today, and I wouldn&#39;t want anything else on my machine. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, 3DS Max is a great alternative to Maya - Doesn&#39;t beat Maya (I&#39;ll admit that), but it&#39;s close, a lot easier to use and is a hell less of a resource hog as Maya is

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I&#39;ll have to agree with Illuminati with this. Maya really is the better program but 3ds Max can do about just as good provided you get the right plugins, like brazil render system for instance. 3ds Max is also easier to learn and to use and is great for poly/box modeling.