Thread: nintendo ds roms?

smitty1258
    What do i need to be able to DL the NDS games, and put them on my kids DS?

Thanks!~

2. Games   -   #2
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    You need an R4 or an M3 Simply but they are both virtually the same thing. They are Slot-1 DS cartridges that allow a micro SD card to put DS .rom files onto. You will need to buy a Micro SD card along with the R4 or M3.

3. Games   -   #3
    I'm getting an r4ds.

Does it matter if the games are pal or ntsc?

Thanks.

4. Games   -   #4
    It doesn't matter which region the games come from, they will still work the same.

5. Games   -   #5
    chip19's Avatar a chip off ol' death BT Rep: +4
    The R4DS or M3 Simply (both same, just rebranded) are unbelievably easy. I got one for my mom and she has been able to put her own ROMs on it. Gone are the days of patchers/trimmers/etc. I have a 512MB chip which holds probably 20 games, but since the prices have gone down a lot you should probably get a 1 or 2 GB one.

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chip19 View Post
    Gone are the days of patchers/trimmers/etc. I have a 512MB chip which holds probably 20 games, but since the prices have gone down a lot you should probably get a 1 or 2 GB one.
    Have 2 r4's they are very nice have only had issues with a few games.Software updates are usually pretty frequent and they take care of these issues (believe its called arm7 protection)..You can patch the games but the update usually happens pretty quick...

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by chip19 View Post
    Gone are the days of patchers/trimmers/etc.
    I still use trimmers, well when I had my DS. I sold it to make money for my PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by chip19
    I have a 512MB chip which holds probably 20 games, but since the prices have gone down a lot you should probably get a 1 or 2 GB one.
    I bought my 1 gig off of Buy.com about a half a year ago for 8 bucks. They are very cheap to buy now. I use it in my camera now, as they come with SD adapters.

8. Games   -   #8
    You can also sign up to ESPALNDS.COM and download all the games from there. It's amazingly easy, and the R4 is about the same price of a game. Amazing.

9. Games   -   #9
    Search on google 'ds rom news' and the first link includes ALL NDS games and it is updated daily - no registration is required.