Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do All Dvd Players Play Svcd's?

MxPx182's Avatar Member
    Topic

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    The anwer to that is yes but it really depends on your dvd player and its features
    [ gs removed the sig, it was 1455.14 KB lol ]

HELL YEAH!!!!!!

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Actually, the answer to that is No. Most do not play svcd. Most play VCD and some now play SVCD.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by balamm@22 July 2003 - 06:46
    Actually, the answer to that is No.  Most do not play svcd.  Most play VCD and some now play SVCD.
    thats why i said "but it really depends on your dvd player and its features " but yes ur right balamm

HELL YEAH!!!!!!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Yes Blamm is exatcly right not even some DVD players play VCD let alone SVCD i'm luck mine does goto here to check if your player does or not

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    get an APEX dvd player i think all those play vcd and svcd... mine does, my norcent dvd player also plays em

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    as a rule of thumb, "generic" (small company) dvd players are most likely to play VCD/SVCD. many name-brand ones do not, but some of them do. if you're going to buy a DVD player to play VCD/SVCD, you should definitely do some research and make sure it has that feature.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    i have the kiss dvd player works fine for me

HELL YEAH!!!!!!

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    ALBA DVD108 plays everything

But, you have to type ina code for VCD and SVCD to work

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Yeah as a Poster above commented..the cheaper Non-Brand name players seem to play most stuff u throw at em! Alba, Technika, Kiss, Logix, Wharfedale.....And most have pretty good sound/visual quality as the bigger branded names..the only thing i see about negative comments on these cheaper players is that u may get audio/video sync slippage occasionally on some discs (just press pause/play fixes it though), hey what do u expect though at such a cut price..For UK owners get ya self 'Technika dvd300'..it plays everything (i know, i bought one) - dvd,vcd,svcd,cdr,cdrw,mp3,jpeg,dvdr,dvdrw,xvcd, (no divx though, get a Kiss player for that)...Right im done, Au revoir...

http://www.covernet.2ya.com

Come & visit the best DVD cover website on the Net!!!
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast