Thread: Questions About PAL, NTSC, PS2 And Chips :P

DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    hello

I didn't know rather I should post it in the "Games" forum or here, but I got to a decision

I have 2 questions:
    1)If I have an European PS2 (PAL) with a chip, that means I can play NTSC (Which are USA games, right?) in it?
    And I would have no problems with my TV (I suppose it should support NTSC too? and if not, what happens?)

2)What's the difference between PAL and NTSC? I think I read somewhere that PAL is 50FPS while NTSC is 60FPS
    Is it right? and does it make the NTSC picture better? doesn't make any sense that European console\DVD owners would get worse picture quality

thanks in advance
    cya

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    OK, thanks, I understand a little better now what's the difference

Now, what about question 2?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    That's what he just answered

As for question 1, it depends on the chip. But presumably you should be able to play games from other regions, that's kind of a given with most chipmods today. Whether your particular chip converts the image so you don't need a 60Hz-capable TV, I can't tell you, though.