maybe people are scared there going to hafe to pay for downloads
    read the news lately

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    blainemcintosh
    USE SHAREAZA

here

http://www.shareaza.com/download/

its there

soo good it connects to 3 networks, not just 1, but 3!

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    chalkmongoose
    I got sick of Kazaa awhile ago, but I still use the forums. Why? I like it, the environment here is friendly. Also, I still make tools for p2p users (like those who use Kazaa.)
    And no, I don't share my files anymore on FastTrack. I don't have any files. I went slowly down from more than 10 gigs (a bit small on average) to 5, then to 2, then to less than 1. Files take up space, and they slow down my computer.
    Now I have no files, no movies, songs, etc., unless you count my classical music.
    I do use Piolet rarely to find some more classical, but mostly I just go to artists.mp3s.com and hit play all...
    And when I do need the occasional piece of software, I use Shareaza (G2, Legacy G, ED2k). It has simply fewer errors then FastTrack.
    So yes, by my hands, I have smote mine enemies. And they be FastTrack.

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Seeing as how there are 3 million users on Kazaa at any given time I see no dorp in users. That's twice as many users as Napster had at it's peak so I wouldn't call it less users.

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    I've noticed a drop of 500,000 people. But then again its summer time as said before. And its morning here.

You gotta think, not all of the 4 million people live in the US. The majority probably do, but not all. Atleast 1 million don't live in US. So they will not care.

So technically kazaa will never die.

Kazaa is only good for music. Everything else IRC is the king.

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    internet.news
    Kazaa is the fastest client - you can use it in your own network too -
    so far - not so fast as audiogalaxy unfortunately (in this part the
    RIAA seems to be successful for the moment).

Why many peple seems to leave or not to use the client?
    I think many people using KAzaa also were living in the United States
    and due to recent actions of the RIAA they are afraid and try not using
    the client in the next time - next weeks or how long this is going on:
    but the RIAA only have law possibilities in US, in other states there other
    laws: e.g. in Columbia the government has other more important issues,
    than copyright ones: drugs and the fact that people are taken away by criminals,
    you know what I mean.

Because in other countries there other laws, people there will continue
    sharing and do not worry so much. Although I know that people living in
    us will also continue sharing their thoughts also if offline with each other
    together to understand each other better :)

but the best is Kazaa never dies and the idea behind sharing also: we have to
    share our thoughts openly to understand each other better. And you can use Kazaa
    on your own network, too.

And if everybody would share few amounts, it would not heart the file archiv
    of the users if one would disappear, probably. But to answer your question for another client: After audiogalaxys closing, I always search for stuff on Kazaa and
    SoulSeek (It is not so fast due of queueing sometimes/often, but there not few
    music). Other Clients have to few users :( n

thanks anyway, david.

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    THE FILE SHARING MANIFESTO

So now the music industry greedheads want to play rough. What’s the matter, their coke dealer won’t front anymore? Those techno-ghouls have been living high on the hog for the past 100 years and now they’re upset because the river of gold is down 10%. If they want to play rough, so can we. The only reason they can afford to pay their lawyers is because we all still buy CDs.

There is only one proper response to the file sharing attack – a complete and total boycott of all new recorded music purchases. Imagine if you got a summons in the mail. We must support our file sharing brothers and sisters. I SAY NO PURCHASES OF ANY NEW CDS OR DOWNLOADS UNTIL THEY CHANGE THE LAW ON FILE SHARING!! If you want music go to a show, or buy or trade used CDs.

Copy this and spread the word!

To those who are concerned about artist's royalties, you've been brainwashed. Music is a performing art - the key word here is performing. If artists want to get paid, they need to perform. Not live like ghouls on the ghosts of old echos.

Consider the artists who have been most commercially successful on recordings. They have almost all been destroyed by that success. On the other hand an old dope fiend like Jerry Garcia survived for years despite his self destructive ways, largely, IMHO, because his recordings were not money makers and he had to tour.

Besides the whole industry is only the result of a technical glitch where it was easy to record, but difficult to copy. Those days are over. They all need to accept the new paradigm or fade away.

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    My speeds are getting better everyday. I wouldn't mind seeing about a million or so fake filers leave anyway.

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    Originally posted by PAULIANER@22 July 2003 - 09:16

Seems that from an usual number of 4,000,000+X users, we're facing a drop in user numbers (average 3 mn now) and therefore I guess that soon Kazaa wil be finished .
    Took me 3 weeks to get one 750MB file (whereas I needed a night to get this download a few months ago)...
    I like Kazaa (and I got lots of stuff from it , so I am quite thankful ) but if the traffic keeps on being that slow, I'll switch to some other client...
    ...and I think some hundred thousand users already did that.
    Kazaa's traffic WILL keep going down untill it's dead- I totally agree here. After all the RIAA is almost entirely focused on Kazaa/K'Lite right now.

The good news is that the P2P sharers will simply move on to a more secure system (like Earthstation 5).

Kazaa may be history, but P2P will go on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345