Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Soon Kazaa Will Be Dead

Seems that from an usual number of 4,000,000+X users, we're facing a drop in user numbers (average 3 mn now) and therefore I guess that soon Kazaa wil be finished .
    Took me 3 weeks to get one 750MB file (whereas I needed a night to get this download a few months ago)...
    I like Kazaa (and I got lots of stuff from it , so I am quite thankful ) but if the traffic keeps on being that slow, I'll switch to some other client...
    ...and I think some hundred thousand users already did that.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Bye.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Hey, it's summertime. A lot of people are on vacation and the weather is too good to sit behind your computer. So, it's not strange that there are less people online at this time...

Greetz, D!mensio_x

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by clocker@22 July 2003 - 09:17
    Bye.
    Very funny!
    I might just be that last user to disconnect, but I still can't believe that some client that served up to 2,2GB every night now transfers a max. of 35 MB...
    You might think I am kinda newbie but I know how to configure my KaZaa, and I know how look for files offered with a broad bandwidth. B)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by D!mensio_x@22 July 2003 - 09:27
    Hey, it's summertime. A lot of people are on vacation and the weather is too good to sit behind your computer.
    You don't need to sit behind your computer to be online and sharing.

Maybe you are right, summertime could be a reason.
    Let's hope that this gets back to normal again...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    B) I think alot of people that have been using Kazaa for years are just sick and tired of the limited file sharing on Kazaa. Sure most the community in here shares, but that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the millions of users out there. So alot of people including myself are trying other programs to get the files your looking for. It blows me away on the amount of leechers out there and idiots that change their registry settings so you download off them at almost zero speed. But you look in their shared folder and these are the same people that have a bunch of movies 700mb + in size.....gimme a break! I think this is a big turn off for alot of people and their not spending as much time online with Kazaa. Instead their trying other programs.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by WARSUPPORT@22 July 2003 - 10:58
    So alot of people including myself are trying other programs to get the files your looking for.
    What prog would you recommend?
    What could be the p2p-client of the future?

I tried some other progs already but none of them had so many search results as Kazaa used to have...

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Bittorent/Soulseek/mIRC
    ice ice baby

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Kazaa is #1 for me, I've tried others but always come back
    Try Shareaza if you want a good alternative -over 300 users on 1 file
    If you like to trade, especially tv episodes then I'd say WinMX but there's a lack of users & speeds are often slow

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by PAULIANER+22 July 2003 - 12:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PAULIANER @ 22 July 2003 - 12:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WARSUPPORT@22 July 2003 - 10:58
    So alot of people including myself are trying other programs to get the files your looking for.
    What prog would you recommend?
    What could be the p2p-client of the future?

I tried some other progs already but none of them had so many search results as Kazaa used to have... [/b][/quote]
    You could also try Earthstation5,Emule or Shareaza

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast