Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FSC Request

Cheeseman1208's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I'd like to start out by saying that this is not a begging thread. Begging shows something about someone's character, or lack of it, to stoop that low. I realize that these are just file-sharing communities, and that I have no physical or mental need for them.

I'm requesting an invite to FSC, because I am looking for a good community of like-minded people. I just need a good forum to hang out in, and that would make a good place to "retire" from torrenting. When I say retire, I mean keep 3-4 sites, and give the rest away. I'm personally tired of this game we "torrent hunters" play, always scanning the Bittorrent Invites section of FST for a new rare giveaway, and then begging to be chosen. I'm just tired of it, I have everything I need on the sites I have, but the only thing I lack is a great community to make friends on.

Now, I bet your wondering who this idiot is who is asking for an FSC invite. Well, I happen to be the network administrator for a 1300 user network (+ 8 servers and 200 laptops), with my MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) certification. I'm somebody who knows their way around the tech world. On a more personal side, I'm somebody who's personable and friendly, because if I wasn't, I would get fired pretty quickly (being a network admin is a VERY people oriented job, but it's mostly angry users yelling at you about something). At home I'm your standard tech geek, with a fairly powerful PC, Zune (I rebelled against the iPod...), laptop, and Xbox 360. I love playing games, and I even get a few rounds of CS:S when things get slow at work.

Torrentwise, I got started file-sharing about 3 years ago, with public torrents like TPB and Mininova. That lasted me about a month or two, and ended when I got a letter from my ISP (I got caught by the MPAA). I looked into a better and faster way to torrent, and that's when these private sites caught my attention. After a while, one of my users invited me to Demonoid (I made sure he didn't torrent from work, our internet there is slow enough as it is). I thought Demonoid was the best thing since Tivo, allowing me access to games, apps, music, and TV. That satisfied me for some time. I started to get involved in more private sites, and the rest is history. However, about a month ago, I took a long. hard look at myself. I noticed that my performance at work severely decreased, and that I was hoarding these beloved torrent sites. I felt like a crack addict begging for cocaine, doing anything possible to get the highest level site possible. I told myself that enough is enough, and quickly stopped. I retired from trading, and stopped trolling some of these ridiculous torrent invite sites. I started visiting FST more often, and I spend most of my time in the lounge playing the "Last Word Game".

So, my simple request is this: I need a place that I can officially hang my torrenting hat up, and settle down. Somewhere I can waste time chatting to people on, while knowing that we're all members of the same tracker.

That's my story, thanks for listening.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    IGetMoney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    nice story man whos your favourite fighter

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i can't give u an invite (coz i don't have one) but hey i will give you a FREE good luck and a

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    i can't give u an invite (coz i don't have one) but hey i will give you a FREE good luck and a
    Thanks squirrel. I'll always take some free good luck

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    IGetMoney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    what about my question dude gl by the way

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by IGetMoney View Post
    nice story man whos your favourite fighter
    where does he say anything about MMA, FSC isnt just about that, there are other communities and then theres whole community as its entilty
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by IGetMoney View Post
    what about my question dude gl by the way
    Haha, sorry Money, it's just an honor getting complemented by squirrel

I don't have a favorite fighter, I'm not big into that stuff.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    As a general rule, you would be a more considered candidate after 3 months in this section, and then your posting history and quality of posts and level of participation can be taken into consideration if them with the invites do happen to pass by, or if your post gets noticed and highlighted to them very same people.

Not wishing to put you off requesting invites, you never know when your luck is in, but please, don't be disappointed if this time you are not granted your wish, just pointing out a good reason why it might not be.

OTOH, it is a good request, and you never know who is looking in
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Sounds good...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast