Thread: Creater Of Napster

shawn Fanning started the whole concept of sharing mp3 files but he made a dumb mistake. Because Napster was set at the centre of the network - in other words, the index to the shared files was stored on a physical server within Napster HQ - it was easy for the authorties to shut down which was a big mistake.

what u think what he did was right or wrong. i personally think clever IDEA he came up with but the structure of it was F***ED up.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    who cares lets just thank him for makin and cuz now we got k-lite and neways how was he makin money off of it wen it was free???

3. Lounge   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    first of its kind so of course it was a brilliant idea.

but nobody could have guessed how popular it would become which was its real downfall.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    total genuis..

5. Lounge   -   #5
    i'm pretty sure people were sharing mp3's as soon as the format was created, and that was long before Napster. I read somewhere that even on old dial-up, people ere swapping .wav files of their music on IRC and the like.

One thing's for sure though, Napster did bring file-sharing to the masses, a lot of people didn't know the possibility of it before then. Back in the mid to late nineties, people thought they were lucky to find an mp3 for download on a website.

How times have changed.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    He didn't make napster.

The dude from Italian Job made napster

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    u gotta give the man credit for starting the revolution

proud to be american