Thread: The future of the community (age wise)

BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Inspired by the age poll....

We can see there is an obvious large amount of people in the 14-24 range in torrenting. Is this because computer use is relatively new and old people just enjoy their VHS tapes for now? I never, in all my years, met someone above 60 in the torrenting community. Will the people aged 14-24 continue torrenting until their death? Will one day we see that every single age catergory has the same percentage of people?

Discuss.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnap View Post

We can see there is an obvious large amount of people in the 14-24 range in torrenting. Is this because computer use is relatively new and old people just enjoy their VHS tapes for now? I never, in all my years, met someone above 60 in the torrenting community. Will the people aged 14-24 continue torrenting until their death? Will one day we see that every single age catergory has the same percentage of people?

Discuss.
    my father torrents, hes 64.
    Go Leafs Go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i'm too old to discuss this and i have a few super 8 movies to watch, sorry

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    inFormal's Avatar Cherish Your Life BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    well... we are all gona age... so... i m saying that YES... the COMMNITY will have a wider range of ages...
    the old ones... will be jedi masters
    the young ones... young grass hoppers

That's the way the cookie crumbles...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    bram cohen is 32 btw.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    my uncle is 58 years old and he play Heroes3 multiplayer and torrenting . his mother 80 years old tomorrow (my grandma) use skype to talk
    Last edited by r77; 12-01-2007 at 05:26 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quarter's Avatar aaaaasssssddddd BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I know for sure that I will keep torrenting untill there will be some other alternative options to download with better speeds.

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnap View Post

Discuss.
    Age wise I can be your father