Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SCT too much for me. How do I handle the upload?

Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    download releases from public trackers or TL and then go to the same release at SCT after you download it and click on the link it will start seeding at SCT without having to download it. You can build up a ratio then start using you account more. Try to keep the torrent seeding as long as you can at SCT because people will download it long after it has been released. Hope this helps and good luck

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Green_Thumb View Post
    download releases from public trackers or TL and then go to the same release at SCT after you download it and click on the link it will start seeding at SCT without having to download it. You can build up a ratio then start using you account more. Try to keep the torrent seeding as long as you can at SCT because people will download it long after it has been released. Hope this helps and good luck
    i disagree with this method. you should download your torrents from the tracker.

sct already is overseeded.

the more people don't download from the tracker, the worse it gets.

if you want warez from sct, download them there.

downloading them at another tracker will only increase the vicious circle of overseeding.

tracker really should demand a certain amount of downloads from the user.

hdbits is an excellent example how it can be done.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 12-02-2007 at 04:45 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

tracker really should demand a certain amount of downloads from the user.

This has been discussed before, but the users didn't like the idea. so in the spirit of democracy it didn't happen.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Vidde's Avatar Wubalicious <3 BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Wait till they do a freeleech with 2x upload, I have no idea when they'll have that, my guess would've been around xmas, but I don't know anymore. The staffers looks kinda upset with the whining about fl in the forums (which I totally understand)

Anyway, if or when they're running a fl, their ammount of peers explodes, so "regular" users like yourself with a thin pipe can even get some of those bits 'n bytes

If you wanna be really smart, you can search around for ppl who wants to split a seedbox with you, I promise you'll get at least 5-600GB buffer if you do. I buffered my acc with almost 400GB on -one night- about a year ago with a fast connection, when they had freeleech with packs.

Good luck!
    -Vidde
    Last edited by Vidde; 12-02-2007 at 07:47 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    it very sad to see sometimes u barely upload 1GB and someusers are over 50-100GB and still seeding
    without those ppl on 100mbit/gbit links that can uploads hundreds of gigs/day others would have to wait days to finish the files due to slow seeders

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixoflames View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

why don't you post that on the sct forum? there are users there who can answer ratio questions.
    Oh, thanks, will do.
    u'll probably just get flamed for doing that. not because the community there is like that, but because there 10 threads a day made like that. i'd recommend using the forum search function before posting, as u should doo on any forum.

theres also a bunch of tutorials on seeding there.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Lizard King's Avatar rock&roll BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Just dont use sct. With your seedbox you can make easly nice buffer at TL. Tl ias almost so good as sct. If you really want use sct wait for freeleech and 2x or 3x upload. I made more than 1tb upload with cheap seedbox.
    There is big chance there will be freeleech at christmas
    Last edited by Lizard King; 12-03-2007 at 12:11 AM.
    If you want to be a hero, well just follow me

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    dont feel bad m8. im in the same boat as you. 256 k upload. what i did is get some torrents from other sites e.g COD4. its seeding at like 10-15 KBps. but ill keep it on for a week and get a nice lil buffer. keep doin that with all the major releases and you should be fine in a month or 2.
    as a rule..i only dload rare xvids or stuff i dont get elsewhere from sct. everything else is available for freeleech on so many sites

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Papps78's Avatar .. BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    What torrent flux did you get?

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Can someone here help me explain partial seeding in uTorrent?

I have only used Azurues and Transmission enough to know how to do these things off the top of my head...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast