Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SCT too much for me. How do I handle the upload?

Partial seeding in uTorrent is pretty simple. Basically, you just add the torrent file and check one or two rars and download/seed them.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Ghost+Rider's Avatar Trading=Sux BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Sct accs are not for downloading,They are for enjoying the community if u have low speeds,If u get a 10 Gb up credit just download a few bytes every month to keep the acc active and enjoy the shit

Edit:90%of the ppl who seed the stuff thru seedbox don't download it to their PC cuz they have limited seedbox bandwith
    Just download regular stuff from TL and other sites and keep SCT for fun...
    Live as totally and as passionately as possible,because it is through intense living that you will find the divine.The divine is nothing but the life lived at optimum,with total abandon,a dance danced so totally that the dancer disappears;only the dance remains.Then u have found and u have come home.

Pls don't make trackers your dream/ambition,There is much more to do in your life!

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost+Rider View Post
    Sct accs are not for downloading,They are for enjoying the community if u have low speeds,If u get a 10 Gb up credit just download a few bytes every month to keep the acc active and enjoy the shit

Edit:90%of the ppl who seed the stuff thru seedbox don't download it to their PC cuz they have limited seedbox bandwith
    Just download regular stuff from TL and other sites and keep SCT for fun...
    That's kind of a scary thought, a tracker whose primary function is unusable to those who don't pay. I second what the guy above this last post said about partial seeding. Just keep doing that to get some buffer and then download what you want in the mean time. It requires a little bit more attention than you might be used to giving, but in the end you will get into the habit and be good to go.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    would you please stop telling people not to download from sct?!

of course you can download from sct. that's what the tracker is for.

go and leech!

it's easy to keep a 1:1 ratio there with a home connection. just keep seeding.

the tracker doesn't need any seeding help or partial seeders. there are enough seeders.

stop crying and download.

if people would dl more it would be easier for everyone.

you don't need buffers or high ratios. help the tracker by leeching, that's why you are there.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Ghost+Rider's Avatar Trading=Sux BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    @ Above two posts

I didn't mean to say Stop downloading for all or any shit like that,I meant to say that if u have slow connection y the hell download and seed with a crappy 10 Kb/s when u already have almost everyone on a 100 Mbit seedbox
    u can see most of the guys with SB don't waste their bandwith on downloading stuff from SB to PC,This has been adviced a millions of times in the BT section

@Partial Seeding
    Even if u download only 100 Mb outta 1.4 Gigs then u can't upload like The guyz who have the complete downloaded file,U will still get crappy upload speed cuz u can only hover upon the peer bandwith that Comes from the partially downloaded Data
    Partial seeding may be much useful in case when u have stable upload speed and u grab some files from a very big pack say 40 Gb or So

And above all therez too much hype only,May be if 90% users are on seedbox at SCT i can surely say that 90% of them don't download stuff from seedbox to PC wasting the shit bandwith

It has also been discussed at SCT forums and most of the peeps agree that they stream videos videos on seedbox or download from regular downloading sites seperately...
    Last edited by Ghost+Rider; 12-03-2007 at 05:55 AM.
    Live as totally and as passionately as possible,because it is through intense living that you will find the divine.The divine is nothing but the life lived at optimum,with total abandon,a dance danced so totally that the dancer disappears;only the dance remains.Then u have found and u have come home.

Pls don't make trackers your dream/ambition,There is much more to do in your life!

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    just leech the hell out of it and try seeding back . if you fail to seedback your account gets disabled . big deal . find another 0day tracker

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    With partial seeding, you don't get a higher upload speed, but you get a higher ratio per torrent when you use that method.

Getting a 10.5 ratio on something smaller will help your ratio out a lot more than getting .7 on something huge even if you don't get as much uploaded.

And Polarbear, what you say is ideal, but it will never happen. Not with ratios and not with so many users with different speeds. Telling him to leech is just going to screw him over. Everyone on the site would have to follow that, and some people would start to fall behind because of the seedboxes and the cycle would start again. There should be rules against excessive seeding if anything.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Also, if you really can't find a way to seed back properly and are looking at paying for upload credit, I would honestly suggest using usenet instead. For the 30 dollars you would pay for upload credit (remember, a finite amount!) you could purchase a top usenet account with unlimited transfer and 20 connections from giganews. Looking at the usenet section of this forum, there are scene release nzb's being posted almost as soon as they are up on trackers. And if you don't know what an nzb is, then I'm sure they will help out . If you want to stay at SCT for the community, so be it. But if you are going to pay to leech, at least do it in a way that benefits YOU.

EDIT: Sorry Skizo, fixed .
    Last edited by fsephie; 12-03-2007 at 06:15 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by fsephie View Post
    Also, if you really can't find a way to seed back properly and are looking at paying for upload credit, I would honestly suggest using use.net instead. For the 30 dollars you would pay for upload credit (remember, a finite amount!) you could purchase a top usenet account with unlimited transfer and 20 connections from giganews. Looking at the usenet section of this forum, there are scene release nzb's being posted almost as soon as they are up on trackers. And if you don't know what an nzb is, then I'm sure they will help out . If you want to stay at SCT for the community, so be it. But if you are going to pay to leech, at least do it in a way that benefits YOU.
    What is "use.net"?

yo

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Fixed it for you.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast