Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asked for speedtest by tracker

BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Anyone ever get a private message from the staff of a tracker asking for a speed test? What site and what was your upload speed? I think I heard before people got banned because they got seedboxes and they didn't tell the trackers and the trackers thought they were cheating?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    i have not been asked for a speedtest yet, and yes staff form trackers will ask for a speedtest, or atleast a screenshot of the seedbox, if you do not comply i think they will ban you
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I Run It
    Only ignorant staff will ban users for not providing screen shots probably because their cheater modification sucks big time. It probably isn't even a cheater modification but rather an abnormal upload detection which is even more pathetic

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    What I am finding weird is that revtt is the only site to ask for a speed test if you upload at or above 1.5MB/s. 1.5MB/s seems a little low to harass users to me.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i got to borrow a seedbox for a couple days and i really only used it at ftn and sct and i didnt get any requests for a ss although i still have 1 of me uploading around 11 MB/s. that was quite fun for the few days it lasted.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Really serious trackers wont ask you for speedtests. They have great anti-cheating scripts and I mean a screenshot? 'ello photoshop

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    yeah revtt was hardcore serious. they wanted a link to the speedtest and everything. i bet they have little revtt mobiles (bought with all the donation money) that come to your door, and check your torrent client to make sure you aren't cheating.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    if u ever been asked for speedtest that only mean that they want to know if you have that speed or u cheate..i have never been asked to show my speedtest since i have normal upload speed 1mbit,but i have seen that they asking some users for speed test

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I've never been asked by revtt for speedtest and i've uploaded well over 1.5 mb there before. I'd think they could tell from your access provider unless they'd never heard of them.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    A friend of mine who was using a vectoral server at the time was asked to provide a screenshot of the server or he would be banned on RevTT, and interesting TVT disabled me for cheating for the same reason (high upload), after I showed them it was a seedbox my a/c was re-enabled, but it seems to depend on where in the foodchain the tracker is, as to whether they require proof of high speed upload.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast