Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seedbox help

ibi23's Avatar MuShRoOm BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Hi guys.
    Ive heard people here talking about seedboxes much.
    I know the concept, but dont want to subscribe cause i dont know how the things work...
    i subscribe and then what...?
    maybe that was written before, but i didnt find it...
    anyway thanx for help.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    well ive heard that if you have a windows server, if would just be like your desktop computer, and i think its much easier then using a linux box
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    d7thsign's Avatar Proud Pinay!! BT Rep: +5
    yah windows server it way easier that linux boxes but much expensive because of licensing issue. . .

just try to rent a server with windows os on it. . .and after you recieve the ip and the password its like eating candy from there. . . just connect through RDP (remote desktop protocol) and you will how easy it is. . . trust me on this . . .
    Proud Pinay!

LOOKING FORWARD OF GETTING INSIDE REVOLT OR FSC

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ibi23's Avatar MuShRoOm BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by d7thsign View Post
    yah windows server it way easier that linux boxes but much expensive because of licensing issue. . .

just try to rent a server with windows os on it. . .and after you recieve the ip and the password its like eating candy from there. . . just connect through RDP (remote desktop protocol) and you will how easy it is. . . trust me on this . . .
    Which one do you reccomend?
    Do i need RDP software?
    thanx

5. BitTorrent   -   #5

Which one do you reccomend?
    Do i need RDP software?
    thanx

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    server with windows if you have extra money to pay for the windows OS. . . by the way it cost around like 25$ for the windows server 2003. . .

if your PC is windows xp its already installed just got to Start > All Programs > Accesories > Communications > RDP

then just type in your server ip address username and password, voila your connected. . . then download utorrent, filezilla for FTP, and a socks server if you want to use the ip of your server for surfing anonymously and you can use it too if your ip is banned from a certain tracker . .
    Last edited by d7thsign; 12-02-2007 at 11:31 AM.
    Proud Pinay!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    RDP is included in windows xp and windows vista. Check in the start menu under Accessories / Communications

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Ok. You "subscribe" or "Rent" a server. Which server you rent, it up to you. Of course, the better cost the merrier so thats totally up to you. But they all share the same principle.

You are given an information about the box. If its windows (I only have experience with windows), then you can simply log in via Remote desktop Connection, and set up Utorrent, Mozilla, Filezilla, and all the other stuff you need.

Basically in simple terms, you are renting a "better" computer, than the one you have infront of you.
    eee

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Me<3You View Post
    Ok. You "subscribe" or "Rent" a server. Which server you rent, it up to you. Of course, the better cost the merrier so thats totally up to you. But they all share the same principle.

You are given an information about the box. If its windows (I only have experience with windows), then you can simply log in via Remote desktop Connection, and set up Utorrent, Mozilla, Filezilla, and all the other stuff you need.

Basically in simple terms, you are renting a "better" computer, than the one you have infront of you.
    Acutally my PC is better than im renting now coz im on quad core and the one im renting is just dual core . . . the only difrence os my ISP sucks. . .well what would you expect from a third world country. . .
    Last edited by d7thsign; 12-02-2007 at 11:38 AM.
    Proud Pinay!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Me<3You View Post

Acutally my PC is better then im renting now coz im on quad core and the one im renting is just dual core . . . the only difrence os my ISP sucks. . .well what would you expect from a third world country. . .
    Yeh thats what i mean sorry.

The ISP > Your current ISP.

OFC your home PC will probally rape the server's specs, but then again the speeds > yours
    eee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast