Thread: Help Connecting To XBox Live

WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Hi, I just purchased an XBox 360 Elite Version. I cannot connect to XBox Live. It will not pass the IP address test. Anyone get the same problem when they first tried to set it up? I've read the support section on the Xbox website but I get so confused. Here's my situation. I have an Xbox 360 Elite, the wireless adaptor (my 360 and tv are downstairs in my basement and the router I have is upstairs in the family room and the ethernet cords would have to go upstairs and through two doors) a Netgear router and a wireless internet connection at home. Can anyone help me connect to Xbox Live? Thanks for all of your help.
    Last edited by WhiteWizard20; 12-15-2007 at 11:46 PM.
    Leaving FST for awhile. Will be active on 1 or 2 private trackers and will still use a seedbox. Thanks to all the members who helped me along the way.

2. Games   -   #2
    atreyu187's Avatar huh.......
    You have to go to network settings and select the wireless adapter and configure your net access to your 360 (like your WIFI passwrd) then select your access point before trying to log onto LIVE. BTW it is easier to make a LIVE account online through XBOX.com first then write down your settings and then try to connect to LIVE.

3. Games   -   #3
    WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Thnx. I'm connected to Live now. All I have to say is . . . WOW!
    Leaving FST for awhile. Will be active on 1 or 2 private trackers and will still use a seedbox. Thanks to all the members who helped me along the way.