Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: File Wipes

Bad news!! Some malicious user must have wiped all my files off my shared folder. I have firewall and anti-virus protection but its all gone!! Warning to all those that share all your media in the shared folder. I have tried several file recovery programs to no avail.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Double Agent
    you are a first ...

not too many cases like u

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Yeah you! User error.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    hmmmmm.. thats never happpend to me yet, it might the RIAA plotting crap. but owell... i suggest we all be cautious

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Bad news!! Some malicious user must have wiped all my files off my shared folder. I have firewall and anti-virus protection but its all gone!! Warning to all those that share all your media in the shared folder. I have tried several file recovery programs to no avail.
    It's always the noobs that have problems like this, i wonder why *cough *cough RIAA..

i bet vibratone never posts again...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    File wipes? Either you caught a trojan or you fucked up. How about running a firewall? Damn you.
    Proud member of MDS

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by vibratone@22 July 2003 - 18:03
    Do you have windows washer with the kazaa plugin?

This plug-in cleans the recent file list, recent downloads, and all shared files from your c:\program files\kazaa\my shared folder directory.

IMPORTANT: This plug-in will cleans all files from your "c:\program files\kazaa\My shared" folder. Be sure there are no files that you wish to keep in this directory before using this plug-in.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    You are a total joke! The RIAA doesn't have the ability to bust through hardware firewalls and top-of-the-line virus programs to delete files.

Try harder a-hole!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Hay, I remember another member, TIDE-HSV, said it almost took 50GB of his My Shared Folder, but Norton asked him to confirm first. If I remember he dl "Pirato" or something which had a nasty auto dialer and went after the shared folder through the reg settings. Hay what ever happened TIDE-HSV anyway.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by callum+22 July 2003 - 23:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (callum @ 22 July 2003 - 23:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vibratone@22 July 2003 - 18:03
    Bad news&#33;&#33;&nbsp; Some malicious user must have wiped all my files off my shared folder.&nbsp; I have firewall and anti-virus protection but its all gone&#33;&#33;&nbsp; Warning to all those that share all your media in the shared folder.&nbsp; I have tried several file recovery programs to no avail.
    Do you have windows washer with the kazaa plugin?

This plug-in cleans the recent file list, recent downloads, and all shared files from your c:&#092;program files&#092;kazaa&#092;my shared folder directory.

IMPORTANT: This plug-in will cleans all files from your "c:&#092;program files&#092;kazaa&#092;My shared" folder. Be sure there are no files that you wish to keep in this directory before using this plug-in. [/b][/quote]
    no it doesn&#39;t

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast