Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Accounts being disabled due to Inactivity

kadake's Avatar Hayden's Watching u
    This question i put to all and any FST members,

What do YOU do as the bare minimum to keep your account alive if your not currently using that tracker.

Now i always thought logging in and browsing site was enough but i was just reading bitme rules and they state the following

Accounts inactive for more than 42 days are automatically disabled. Simply logging in to the website is not considered activity. To avoid being disabled, the account needs to be used for upload/download; otherwise it is inactive, even if it is parked.
    but im sure i read on another trackers rules seeding alone is not enough.

Im just curious to what others do.

P.S. Please dont state obvious and say i use all my accounts fully all the time

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cruel's Avatar I'm steak! BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I do have some trackers and I keep a textfile when I last downloaded a file which I look at.
    But also keep seeding 3 or more torrents from that site all the time.

But to keep doublestandard (seeing I have that file): If it's disabled then I don't need it really.
    Presenting your royal highness, our illustrious King Cruel the XIII, self-proclaimed lord of the lemurs, et cetera, et cetera, hooray, everybody.
    Four months and I'm living your dream.
    Silly Rabbit Dreams Are For Kids

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    well its easy for me i allways use different tracker for different things..also its not to hard to download few MB every week from few acc and seed it..also not every tracker have that rule that u have quoted.

also 42 or more days is pretty enough for u to download something..

SCC have this rule, if u dont log in every week your acc is disabled(User class), unless u are scene power or above than your acc is safe for 42 days

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    SCC is too high-maintenance for me.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I believe HDBits and RevTT have similar rules.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    if im not gonna use the tracker anytime soon i'll download the smallest file available and seed that on 'low' in utorrent. i assumed everyone did this.. i dont trust just logging in, and this way i don't even have to log in

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    From what I can tell, just logging in is enuff for some sites yet some require actual tracker activity. When in doubt at very least I'll start a d/l, wait about 2 mins, then tell my client to update the tracker then kill the d/l (after 1:1 of course).
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I don't have that many tackers to worry about; I use all the 15 trackers. The only reason why I am not downloading something is because I am seeding to get enough buffer for the next download. And if seeding for a week or so is considered as being inactive then I may be kicked out from some trackers soon.
    Hopefully not.
    Last edited by TP635; 01-16-2008 at 04:17 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Debate is overrated BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    SCC have this rule, if u dont log in every week your acc is disabled(User class), unless u are scene power or above than your acc is safe for 42 days
    Does that mean donwload/upload or just browsing every other week?

kadake, there are some trackers, that i know of, that do require download/upload like HDBits (1 GB donwload/month min).
    I heard something about TL, that it would require activity, like down/up, but i'm not sure...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    If I don't use it then I don't usually bother with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast