Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows Startup

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    have u got anythinh plugged into your usb or serial ports? if so shutdown your computer, disconnect them and see if it still happens on next boot

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I'm pretty sure that won't change things at all.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    but it may be what its reffering to, if this happens at teh post screen.
    since usb stands for univeral serial bus, it may conclude it has something to do with usb.
    has this always happened, or just started since u done something.

edit: my guess would be thats its something to do with bios settings

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    As I said..I was pretty sure that unplugging the mouse,keyboard.usb connections wouldn't make a different I tried it...And didn't phase the problem what so ever. Where or What in BIOS could this be fixed ?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i really couldnt tell you what may be wrong if u go into bios and load default settings, or just have a look around settings, to look for anything that looks as though it may be wrong. but watch what u change

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    As Far as I can tell everything is set at where it should be. Do you know what the process is to use the R (REPAIR) feature through WINDOWS XP? Someone gave me a link but through all the steps shown including screen captures of the process...the screen captures being show don't conincide with what is being shown on my screen

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    u could try setting your bios to default settings.

from what your saying i dont think its a windows problem if this comes up in the first screen, the one that checks what drives u have, checks proccesor and ram etc.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Iv'e already gone the route of trying the default settings and custom settings..didnt' change anything.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Is there a way that i could use print screen to capture all info and how would i import that capture into the post reply area?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i really dont know hopw to capture from post screen, but to put them u here u will have to upload them to a website

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast