Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pc motherboard dead?

Check your video card to make sure it's not bad first, and monitor connection to the computer, and make sure your monintor is not bad as well. Thse are the easy things to look into first.
    Last edited by boodaddymac; 12-21-2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: added stuff

A wise man gives advice, but a wiser man learns from it and uses it. Smart people learn from others mistakes. The blessing is on the other side of your tribulation.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    It would also help if you could give a bit more info on the computer or at least the Mobo info, I agree with Clocker I have never seen a dead CMos battery either, I don't even know anyone who has. It is worth a shot to check sure, if it's not beebing then I believe it to be a Ram problem or a bios problem, you should deff try what Reese said take out the ram and see what it does if it beeps the error code than its a step in the right direction. Even switching the Ram might help or using one stick at a time. Also if you happen to live in NYC I can give you a P4 478 I dont know the Ghz though processor I have 3 of em laying around here somewhere. I would deff say it's time for an upgrade if you can afford it, even with $300 maybe less these guys here can recommend a decent rig They just helped me with a $200 but I had a casse and HDD but really you should come up with a budget, post a new thread. The FST hardware guys are Fantastic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12