Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Going To Do This, Who Is With Me?

Hi all!
    I'm new, but I make a grand entrance! lol
    I've been reading a lot about RIAA and their "attempts" to compensate their artists by trying to take our money. Sure, all of the musicians are starving, and in dire need of money.

I propose we do something (like I mean, beside bitching) and actually do something! I already mentioned this on a previous reply, but I think we should rip all of our CDs up into little pieces and crush them and send them to RIAA. We must leave a note that says something clever as well. I read that someone was going to do this somewhere else, so if I've taken someone's idea I am sorry! I'm simply expanding upon it.

I certainly will not buy another CD from that crappy, narcisistic, disgruntled, pansy company. (Sorry, feeling very flavorful today in regards to my vocabulary). I think everyone should do this, those who do not support what the RIAA is doing anyway. I will not back up the music, because it sucks! Plus, I don't need any of my RIAA-infested CDs anyway.

The note that comes with the CD must say something good. Like:

"Face the music or you're going to make it disappear."
    "Fans don't like being sued, you're breaking us up."
    "These CDs once represented our respect for the music industry and its focus on the consumer: Together and whole. But now they represent what the industry is becoming: Shattered and losing focus on whom really matters, the fans."
    "I bought these CDs, but you can have them back anyway."
    "Stop suing us, you're killing the music."

I know number 3 is pretty melodramatic, but I like it. I payed for the CDs that I'm sending, but only sending one at a time. Please people tell me what you think and does someone have the RIAA's address??

I'm sure you could find a way to backup your old CDs before you shatter them Please, unite with me, to slap the RIAA in the face! I think if they keep getting these CDs then they're gonna crack, no pun intended.

Brad

PS: Please read this article that I wrote about RIAA and what they're doing. I think it'll be music to your ears!
    http://news.dmusic.com/article/7204

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    While this may be entertaining, I doubt its going to make much difference. You need to write your senators and explain why laws against filesharing are unjust.
    Proud member of MDS

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Really good idea!

but I think we should rip all of our CDs up into little pieces and crush them and send them to RIAA.
    We paid for them though! The RIAA don't care around the CDs or music, they care about the MONEY. So if we BUY the CDs then rip them into little pieces, who gets screwed? WE DO.

Just another quote to support my claim above.

If we really want to crush CDs and sent them the RIAA, i suggest you go steal CDs from Wal-Mart or something and then crush/burn/throw/smash the CDs. So we don't spend money, and they dont earn money.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    bc1785 , well i don't think is a bad idea but Mr. Blunt is right we get fucked, so has to be a better way to do it. because there this group called " no more aol cd's" and they're planning to collect 1 million aol junk cd and bring it back to them, stop sending us junk. i hate aol with a passion and riaa,mpaa, especially microsoft. so if you're going to do it, count me in !

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Mr. Blunt@22 July 2003 - 18:41
    Really good idea!

but I think we should rip all of our CDs up into little pieces and crush them and send them to RIAA.
    We paid for them though! The RIAA don't care around the CDs or music, they care about the MONEY. So if we BUY the CDs then rip them into little pieces, who gets screwed? WE DO.

Just another quote to support my claim above.

If we really want to crush CDs and sent them the RIAA, i suggest you go steal CDs from Wal-Mart or something and then crush/burn/throw/smash the CDs. So we don't spend money, and they dont earn money.

You'd of course rip them first to your computer, and burn them if you wanted to.

sure itd cost you a couple bucks, but if you could see their faces when you sent them pounds of crushed cds...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I could've sworn I already replied to this...

bc1785, did you post this somewhere else too?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Hi everyone!
    Yes, I do realize that they already got our money, but I think it'd be great to send them tons of CDs (I personally don't want mine anymore, because they're tainted).

But I didn't mean go out and buy NEW CDs, I meant use the older ones that you don't listen to, or those that you don't want.

I appreciate all of your replies, and urge you all to do this! I will do this, because I'm very bored these days. Sick of watching CNN about news about the RIAA.

But I do have a lot of access to AOL Trial CDs. But those wouldn't be real music CDs, so it wouldn't really serve the purpose of sending music CDs.

And, yes, they already have our money, but the point is getting them to realize that they're getting anymore of it.

I'm gonna start tomorrow.
    -brad
    @tite-wad: bc1785, did you post this somewhere else too?
    Not to my knowledge

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I just couldn't understand one thing:

How could i do that if:
    1) ALL music that i have was downloaded from P2P programs
    2) I've NEVER bought a CD?

In my point of view, i'm doing a good job not buying CD from these records...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Huh! The board must've thrown out my reply during one of it's many belches...

Oh well, I pretty much said the same as the others: nice idea, but ain't gonna bust up 250+ CDs.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Well, it seems that I'll be the only one who sends them sharp shards of shiny metallic-like objects. Oh well, it'll be fun.

I mean, to say again, if we hate what they're doing, this is one thing that can be done. But if anyone can think of anything better, then I'm all ears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast