Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with seedbox (again)

turbotalon21's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    sry guys im new at this, but is there a way to find the ip address of the seedbox.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    antipower187's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +5
    If you're trying to connect by FTP just type in the web address.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    turbotalon21's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    well the guy said its a linux torrentflux

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Doesn't matter. The ftp client will look up the ip of the web address as it attempts to connect. Again, I'm assuming you're trying to login by ftp.

or Pull up a cmd prompt and type "ping yada yada" whatever the web address is of the box.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    im using remote desktop connection, is that right

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    It's an option. I've only used web based interfaces not remote connecting.

So in order to remote connect you either need an IP or a web address. How are you connecting now?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ahh, JMH box. Those guys are awesome. You don't need to remote connect. You can do a web login.

Go to jmhseedbox33.com and enter your login details. You'll have access to webgui.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    jandrews404's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    you should have received a username (usually "administrator") and a password along with an IP address from your hosting vendor.

1) open RDP and enter the IP address in the box labeled "computer"
    2) click the "options" button at the bottom and chose the "advanced" tab. Under "authentication options", choose "Always connect, even if authentication fails" (optional)
    3) Go back to the "General" tab and save your settings to your desktop for future use.
    4) Click "connect" and enter username and password when prompted and your servers desktop should appear.

Your username and password will be saved in the setup file on your desktop so next time you want to connect all you have to to is double click the icon. I keep mine in the quicklaunch taskbar for simple access.

Once you get logged in through RDP, you'll have to setup the FTP server to transfer files.

Hope that helps.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    i think i got it now. thanks for the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast