Thread: Is This Zonealarm Firewall Working?

I just downloaded ZoneAlarm Pro v3.7.098+ keys, and unzipped it, but now what do I do? After it unzipped I expected a program to begin installing or something. I can't find the program anywhere in my computer. Is it working? How do I know, and how do I use it? Help please!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    First off have u got a virus checker or was this file verified? If no to both then its definitely worth getting a virus checker and scanning your system as it could maybe be a virus / trojan. Theres lots of topics about which is the best virus scanner (just do a search of the forum)

If its definitely an ok file:
    If its installed it should probably be running in your system tray (bottom right) the icon is either a green and red vertical strip or a yellow and brown logo with the letters ZA.
    If u didn't install it, its probably in a temporary folder somewhere and hasn't been installed. U could try using search or it might be in a folder somewhere in "documents & setttings \ Username" where username is ur login name
    Either find it or unzip it again and remember where u save it to. Once its unzipped there should be a setup file in the folder which will install it i think.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by mr00420@23 July 2003 - 07:42
    I just downloaded ZoneAlarm Pro v3.7.098+ keys, and unzipped it, but now what do I do? After it unzipped I expected a program to begin installing or something. I can't find the program anywhere in my computer. Is it working? How do I know, and how do I use it? Help please!!!
    Unzipping a file does not begin installing whatever is inside. Unzipping is compared to opening up your suitcase and putting your clothes on the bed; you still have to dress yourself.

Next time, pay attention to where you're extracting the files to.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by mr00420@23 July 2003 - 07:42
    Mate when unzipping files its best to right click the file and use them extraction options..u have control where u files go..also i think theres a newer version of zonealarm availible 4.xx.

If u do manage to get it installed u could test its working & configed properly

here

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Got it... Thanks.
    I tested it out w/ that NanoProbe site, and it seems to be working very well. Does a Firewall slow down DLs? It seems that since I've installed ZA Firewall, my DLs seem slower even when I use Speed-Up. If so, is there something I can do about it?