Thread: Laptops/notebooks

Does any one know where can i buy parts to build my own laptop from scratch ?(prefebly uk answers plez)Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Check the "computer resources" pinned thread, its got links to lots of good retailers

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    is there any where which will give an tutrioal?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Which part of the laptop are u trying to install/upgrade, if its memory then this page might help. I don't think anyones posted links about laptop upgrading on the board. Hopefully someone else can come up with some more links

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i didnt mention upgrading i want 2 no where can i get parts 2 build from srctch

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Oh, my bad. I didn't even know that was possible

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Ex-member
    I don't know if it's really possible and if it is, it's probably far more expensive than buying a ready-made one.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    is there anyway of being able to add more RAM cuz i have an old Laptop that can only hold 128 MB of RAM how can i make it so it can hold 256? what will i have to change?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I think u would have to change the motherboard somehow. And finding another mobo that fits would probably be very hard (the manufacturer would I think be the best place to ask, but a 128MB board sounds pretty old so they might not stock them anymore)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Pitbul@23 July 2003 - 13:46
    is there anyway of being able to add more RAM cuz i have an old Laptop that can only hold 128 MB of RAM how can i make it so it can hold 256? what will i have to change?
    check my RAM guide, there's a tutorial.