Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Mentals always quote from the Old Testament or from Revelations. They call themselves Christian but seem to desperately ignore the actual teachings of Christ. All that love and forgiveness and lilly livered pish.

It's like God said, I will send my only Son and they replied "Whatever, we still prefer the stuff about floods and dragons and wailing and stuff. You can keep your new covenant or do something else."

The above is almost a direct quote from what the Priest said at Mass today.

2. Lounge   -   #72
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Secondly, there were 12 disciples, not 13
    Actually there were like loads of disciples, there were twelve Apostles.

Disciples were (and indeed are) followers. The Apostles were the original disciples, called by Chebus to follow him and then to go out and preach in his name. They went to the last supper and stuff.

3. Lounge   -   #73
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    ARE YOU 100%
    I am.

4. Lounge   -   #74
    I'm 100%icus

5. Lounge   -   #75
    Aaxel21's Avatar AHHHHH!
    I'm about 10-100%
    Remember bullets always have the right of way.

6. Lounge   -   #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    Secondly, there were 12 disciples, not 13

Disciples were (and indeed are) followers. The Apostles were the original disciples, called by Chebus to follow him and then to go out and preach in his name. They went to the last supper and stuff.
    ...but there were 12 that Jesus Christ specifically chose, not 13. They BECAME apostles AFTER Jesus Christ rose from the dead and sent them to the ends of the earth (the great commission). An apostle is nothing more than a missionary. Let's not try to talk our way out of things here. Just admit that you are wrong when you are wrong, but yes, besides there WERE other disciples that followed Jesus, but only 12 specifically chosen by Jesus.

7. Lounge   -   #77
    jesus christ is in kashmir

8. Lounge   -   #78

9. Lounge   -   #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post

...but there were 12 that Jesus Christ specifically chose, not 13. They BECAME apostles AFTER Jesus Christ rose from the dead and sent them to the ends of the earth (the great commission). An apostle is nothing more than a missionary. Let's not try to talk our way out of things here. Just admit that you are wrong when you are wrong, but yes, besides there WERE other disciples that followed Jesus, but only 12 specifically chosen by Jesus.
    Actually it's you who was wrong when you said there were only 12 disciples. There were loads. You just explained that yourself FFS.

Oh and it wasn't me who said there were 13, which you went on to "correct". If memory serves that was boab who said that. Either way you were still wrong.

FFS if you're going to try to proselytize at least try to get the basics right and know who you are replying to. You know listen to other people and stuff.

No wait, that wouldn't work.

Basically you are just the type of idiot who give Christianity and other religions a bad name. I often suspect it's non-religious people doing it, for that very reason. That's certainly been done here before.

This is one of these " you're a dickhead" moments. Either you are posting genuinely, making you a dickhead. Or you're making this stuff up, making you a dickhead. Either way, dickhead.

10. Lounge   -   #80
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Too much altar wine, I fear.

One of these twats came to my door last week.

My lapsed-catholic sensibilities were somewhat inflamed. It was a brainwash and run affair. Unbeknownst to me, he had encountered Number 1 son sometime during the summer and promised him a babble. He thrust the bible into said offspring's confused mitts and beat a hasty retreat like the fabled thief in the night.

Had I answered the door, the sharp end of the word of god would've been bounced off this covert missionary's temple.

Then I had to spend the next week explaining to the kid how if Adam and Eve had really been the keystone of genetic inheritance, our deformities would be so myriad as to render evolution a heavenly myth.

Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast