Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

Fair enough. My discussion point would be that behaviours determined by what one is going to get out of it personally is hardly the basis for a moral framework. It is an inherently selfish motivation. If one truly believes in free will then logically only those who love God regardless of whether there is personal gain for themselves or not are genuine believers. Heaven or Hell whatever you conceive them to be are irrelevant.

Attempting to sell religion on the basis of pie in the sky is akin to double glazing salesman techniques. Guaranteed for 500 years or your money back.

Do it because you want to or not at all.

That is my view at least
    That post is definitely food for thought. I suppose that would make it Shepherds Pie In The Sky.
    But alas sadly ignored

It would seem pish about dinosaurs is more important.

I'm out of this one = to use a bizarre Merkinism.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #82
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

But alas sadly ignored

It would seem pish about dinosaurs is more important.

I'm out of this one = to use a bizarre Merkinism.
    Sad but true, Les.

A classic case of selective perception, as is rule with the majority of his ilk.

3. Lounge   -   #83
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    Too much altar wine, I fear.

One of these twats came to my door last week.

My lapsed-catholic sensibilities were somewhat inflamed. It was a brainwash and run affair. Unbeknownst to me, he had encountered Number 1 son sometime during the summer and promised him a babble. He thrust the bible into said offspring's confused mitts and beat a hasty retreat like the fabled thief in the night.

Had I answered the door, the sharp end of the word of god would've been bounced off this covert missionary's temple.

Then I had to spend the next week explaining to the kid how if Adam and Eve had really been the keystone of genetic inheritance, our deformities would be so myriad as to render evolution a heavenly myth.
    Mitochondrial DNA would tend to suggest that at the very least there was an "Eve". Other research suggests that there was also an "Adam", unfortunately they lived like a brazillion years apart. However it is science so it must be true.

Anyway there's a rule that if anyone tries to brainwash your descendants you are allowed to beat them to the ground. Using their own "holy book".

This includes your children, your children's children, your children's children's children ....

4. Lounge   -   #84
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    Basically you are just the type of idiot who give Christianity and other religions a bad name. I often suspect it's non-religious people doing it, for that very reason. That's certainly been done here before.

This is one of these " you're a dickhead" moments. Either you are posting genuinely, making you a dickhead. Or you're making this stuff up, making you a dickhead. Either way, dickhead.
    It could be some sort of common class assignment from a nutter mongtard some religious school, this.

"Go out and find a place of sin, and spread the gospel" like.

It could explain a lot of nuttery I've seen, and why the attempts are so half-arsed and rife with misquotings, teenagers being what they are, and all.

5. Lounge   -   #85
    True.

I wouldn't even mind if they quoted the Gospels once in a while, being that they are about Chebus' life and teachings and stuff. But it's always Old Testament fire and brimstone ... and dragons

6. Lounge   -   #86
    Yeah, if they want to get things wrong, at least they should do it about Jesus.

7. Lounge   -   #87
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Iv done too many mean things in my life to qualify , can I start all over again ? I see the Dali Lama is looking for a replacement , with my luck I'll be reincarnated as a woman with a bald head . No fun in that eh .

8. Lounge   -   #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Yeah, if they want to get things wrong, at least they should do it about Jesus.
    Exactly, why talk shite about Christianity without bringing Chebus himself into the equation. It's just mental.

9. Lounge   -   #89
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    Too much altar wine, I fear.

One of these twats came to my door last week.

My lapsed-catholic sensibilities were somewhat inflamed. It was a brainwash and run affair. Unbeknownst to me, he had encountered Number 1 son sometime during the summer and promised him a babble. He thrust the bible into said offspring's confused mitts and beat a hasty retreat like the fabled thief in the night.

Had I answered the door, the sharp end of the word of god would've been bounced off this covert missionary's temple.

Then I had to spend the next week explaining to the kid how if Adam and Eve had really been the keystone of genetic inheritance, our deformities would be so myriad as to render evolution a heavenly myth.
    Mitochondrial DNA would tend to suggest that at the very least there was an "Eve". Other research suggests that there was also an "Adam", unfortunately they lived like a brazillion years apart. However it is science so it must be true.
    At least we're agreed on that Garden of Eden bollocks.

It's metaphor when it suits 'em and literal when it don't.

I'd like to know who knocked that first monkey up, though.

10. Lounge   -   #90
    Prolly Jesus.

Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast