Thread: seedboxes

birney29's Avatar proud salfordian :D BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    right i hear a lot about seedboxes but i dont even really know what one is so i want people here too give me as much info as they can about seedboxes how much they cost how u acces them how many people can use them that sort of thing any information will be helpfull thanks in advance

not a anti-trader just dont like trading
    found pisexy from my good friend D3LBOY

2. BitTorrent   -   #2

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    D3LBOY's Avatar Beer goggles :) BT Rep: +1
    link doesn't work and with a seedbox does it only increase your upload speed or does it increase your d/l aswel ?

Also im a mac user can i still use a seedbox and share it with a friend who uses windows xp ?
    Last edited by D3LBOY; 12-06-2007 at 05:24 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    the freind who uses windows xp is me we are thinkin of getting a seedbox between us but can we share it ?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    styles's Avatar Over you BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by D3LBOY View Post
    link doesn't work and with a seedbox does it only increase your upload speed or does it increase your d/l aswel ?

Also im a mac user can i still use a seedbox and share it with a friend who uses windows xp ?
    Link work wellAs you said,Seedbox not only increase your upload also do the download acrossding Web-UI, the file you download storages their Server,If you want em in your computer,You should download em from their FTP.
    I don't know if utorrent can be run in Mac

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    soon it will be able too but he runs azeurus will that be a problem ?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    u need just ca$h and paypal acc and so u can buy one ( LW is good )

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    all the applications you are going to use are on a remote server ( the seedbox ) so it makes absolutely no difference whether it is a Windows, Linux or Mac pc that accesses the server. For instance if you are using a Windows 2003 based server you would use utorrent for you bt client on the server and then access the webui on your local machine through your web browser the only other thing you need is an ftp server on the seedbox and an ftp client app on your local machines. A linux based seedbox is different in the apps you use but is basically the same concept, it just requires a bit more knowledge to configure correctly. From your local PC's ( the Mac & Windows based ones) you upload the torrent file to the server via the webui then it begins to download the torrent to the servers hard drive, if you want to download the torrent to your local pc you access the server via ftp and download the files.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    D3LBOY's Avatar Beer goggles :) BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    all the applications you are going to use are on a remote server ( the seedbox ) so it makes absolutely no difference whether it is a Windows, Linux or Mac pc that accesses the server. For instance if you are using a Windows 2003 based server you would use utorrent for you bt client on the server and then access the webui on your local machine through your web browser the only other thing you need is an ftp server on the seedbox and an ftp client app on your local machines. A linux based seedbox is different in the apps you use but is basically the same concept, it just requires a bit more knowledge to configure correctly. From your local PC's ( the Mac & Windows based ones) you upload the torrent file to the server via the webui then it begins to download the torrent to the servers hard drive, if you want to download the torrent to your local pc you access the server via ftp and download the files.
    Thanks A lot very useful info m8 cheers