Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirc

HOw wud I know which channels in mIRC to go for downloading movies and stuff? Any nice links explaining the process of downloading and sharing in mIRC?
    sig removed.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    There are xdcc and fserve searh engines that can tell u what people are serving and their status and queues. the one that i mainly use is ircspy

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    yes, excellent search tool....]

www.xdccspy.com as well but its not NEARLY as good.

if u want to just search irc channel topics to find a particular movie, try searchirc.com

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    TMD-Moviez is the shit.

tmdmoviez.com

Click this will get you to their page, and then there is a link that starts up mIRC with their channel once you click it.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Okay.. I'm really new at this.. but once yoru in the chat room.. how do you download a movie with MIRC?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by brettmeyers@23 July 2003 - 16:46
    Okay.. I'm really new at this.. but once  yoru in the chat room.. how do you download a movie with MIRC?
    You gotta learn the commands.

Type '@find THEMOVIEYOUWANT'

and all these notices will come up, and then you'll see this thing in the notices called a trigger. You type in that trigger, and another box will open. In this second box, you type in 'GET "themoviefilename" ' and it will say what slot it is que'd in. if you get slot 1 to 5, the download should begin within the hour, but if it is a popular movie, the best slot you'll get is like 10-20.

Patience is key with mIRC.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by Agent Smart@23 July 2003 - 18:03
    Type '@find THEMOVIEYOUWANT'
    That command only works on one or two networks.

Brettmeyer, I've post a small tutorial for working mIRC 6.03 with Invision here.

Just print that and you have enough of the basics to get you started...

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    ppl in told me mIRC has banned file sharing channels. I tried to go to #tmd-moviez and mIRC said its banned. seems like its true then.
    sig removed.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by aizlumzan@23 July 2003 - 18:18
    ppl in told me mIRC has banned file sharing channels. I tried to go to #tmd-moviez and mIRC said its banned. seems like its true then.
    No, only on some networks.
    Go to IRCSpy or Packetnews and search for your specific app,movie, game and a it will give you a listing of a bunch channels on numerous networks that have it. Click on the # and your script should automatically open and join the server and the channel. Press ctrl-v to paste the /ctcp command into the textbox. (the command was copied to your clipboard when you clicked the #)

I posted a small tutorial a little higher in this thread.... Check it out.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Originally posted by Damnatory+23 July 2003 - 17:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Damnatory @ 23 July 2003 - 17:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agent Smart@23 July 2003 - 18:03
    Type &#39;@find THEMOVIEYOUWANT&#39;
    That command only works on one or two networks.

[/b][/quote]
    I was only talking about the TMD-Moviez channel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast