Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Password Storer

Originally posted by TRshady@23 July 2003 - 15:27
    yeah, thats the obvious option but the program really does make things easier.
    Yup Shady. The advantage using these programs is you dont have to copy and paste back from the text file or excel for that matter where you are storing. Just store your passwords once and indicate the login page. Next time just open the site and the software will fill out everything for ya and save time too
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I would rather use XP&#39;s Trusty Notepad...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Well..... I might be shot down as being naive for saying this....

But is it really necessary to have different passwords for every site or board you visit? I use the same for all my &#39;memberships&#39;, apart from my web email account.

Hmm. Am i wrong for saying this?? Probably

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@23 July 2003 - 16:33

But is it really necessary to have different passwords for every site or board you visit? I use the same for all my &#39;memberships&#39;, apart from my web email account.

I agree with you on that. But as long as its just a forum or other site where you dont have pertinent information on. However, if your a moderator or an admin on the site then you should obviously do the opposite.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    TRshady
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@23 July 2003 - 22:33

You&#39;re right to a certain extent but don&#39;t forget that most sites send you a password to use which I often forget to change so I just forget it, It&#39;s better security as a non trusted could try it out on other sites they know you belong to.

Also, if someone was to find out your password for a certain site they have access to them all ........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12