Thread: Waffles account disabled - help!

kman2kool

Urgent

Just disocvered that my account on Waffels has been terminated. I reckon it is because i haven't been using it in a while, but i would very much like to get back in.

I have no registered username at their Irc-channel and have found no other way of contacting them.

Please help!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    snagit's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Connect to irc.p2p-network.net and then try to join #waffles.fm-help. If it says you need a registered nick to enter that channel, type in /nick *your Waffles username* and then:

/msg NickServ REGISTER password email
    Example:

/msg NickServ REGISTER 123456 [email protected]
    Now try to join the channel again.

Hope it helps.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by snagit View Post
    type in /nick *your Waffles username*
    without the * * of course.
    /msg NickServ REGISTER 123456 [email protected]
    123456 = your password
    /msg nickserv register password email
    Last edited by cinephilia; 04-06-2010 at 04:09 PM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ca_aok once made a nice post about registering your nick:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-any...12/postcount36

I think you aren't send a confirmation message, and thus the e-mail address doesn't have to be real.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    On most IRC networks it doesn't need to be real. Occasionally you'll find one that sends a confirmation email to the address, in which case you'll need to supply a real email. The old j3di network required you to do that... after wheelmods went down I don't use the place any longer, so no clue if that's still a requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Oh, I see. I've only used IRC seriously once, and the server (I think Rizon) did send a confirmation e-mail, so I thought it was the rule. Thanks for the info.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Obstinately it's so that an IRCop can send you a nickserv recovery to that email, but really it's just as easy for them to drop the nick so you can re-register. Most IRCd's don't allow regular users to use that recovery feature from nickserv, so it's sort of a moot point.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    snagit's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I think that WhatNET does require you to have a real email. You register your nick and then it sends you a "cookie" to your email which you use to confirm your registration on the network.