Thread: Psx Roms And Emulator

Octopussy
    hi guys i have a question....

i want to download psx roms so if i download them and burn them on a cd can i play them using a emulator or will theyh not work because they arent modified?? and if they do work what is best emulator

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by Octopussy@21 July 2003 - 20:03
    hi guys i have a question....

i want to download psx roms so if i download them and burn them on a cd can i play them using a emulator or will theyh not work because they arent modified?? and if they do work what is best emulator
    They will work, you can even use original psx cd's.
    I think the best emulator is called epsxe. You will also need a psx bios.
    I would recommend doing a search on google for a guide.

3. Games   -   #3
    For sure epsxe is the best working psx emulator, especially for XP users, since the majority of the others I have tried aren't supported by XP. SCPH1001 are the bios (for the US anyways,) and you will have to hunt for them as I can't remember where I saw them, (but they do exsist.) You also need video drivers, I would recommend "Pete's Open GL Driver 1.72" that you should be able to find relatively easy through Yahoo. It's a bit of work to get this Emulator up-and-running, and it'll take a bit to configure so that it runs smoothly and pretty, but it's well worth it.

4. Games   -   #4
    The bios are easy to find. Just google it.

5. Games   -   #5
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    If anyone needs the BIOS (SCPH1001.bin) just PM me with your email address asking for it, and I'll send it over.