Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: To the Bittorrent Community....

It has come to my attention that with each day, with each hour, with each second that we breathe in this community called the Bittorrent community..........In the past year we have had staffers stepping down, sites feuding on which is the best, and an increasing number of so called "traders"; these include people who actively participate in the invite section and people who claim to be retired and others who have such diligent signatures as in "Looking for FTN for free". Basically there are 3 sorts of people in the p2p section in bittorrent

The traders- Now though they trade, many are actually good men. Why is it so harsh that they want to get their fair share of value? Why do we give them the hardest time for the recent "shut-downs" of recent sites? The truth is trading is a lot like spreading intel, although the mpaa and riaa and others may know how the system works its imperative that they do no leak through not just for my safety or our safety, but forthe sysop and staffers who not only put time in their sites (usually for no profit) but also put their selves in harms way. SCC's sysop once said, and i quote, "If I go down, everyone goes down" Now there is a huge discrepancy here, there is nothing wrong with plea barging here but to snitch the users and staffers who make your site is so to the left of being a snitch you might as well call him a "spy". So it is imparitive that you see that trading is not only an abomination of the entire peer2peer conecpt (just as choosing the not share file option in limewire) but it also is a security issue. Instead what of a proposal, since many of us like myself "choose" to hand out invites to the occasional person who is worthy of one, what is the point of requesting an invite on websites when you are the ones helping them by recruiting wise and knowledgeable members? Instead why don't we have a "honor" policy in place. When you invite 4 well deserving people as in they have good ratios and also are active within the community, they get a boost in their title, a + in the irc (love that), upload credits, and most of all the respect that you helped make the site you are apart of so great. Sounds corny and funny, but anything, anything to get rid of the phenomenon called trading is worth the shot. Don't do it because I said so, but do it for yourself because one day you might be the one staring at that vicious mpaa letter and you may be the one who brings the downfall of the best internet community known to the net, all because you sold,traded an invite.

The antitraders- The people who are retired traders, or people who just want to get "in" for free. You have to admire their courage to claim they are antitraders without knowing the purpose of being an antitrader. You don't antitrade to make friends, you antitrade to lead by example in the hopes that a trader might finally come to his senses. The people who even give the giveaways like the infamous and respected fstrulz trade for those accounts, dont you want to earn something forn once; dont you want to be apart of a system where you know that they admire you as much as you admire them. Rarity and community aside, to download a torrent is downloading someones time, work, energy and content all for your pleasing. Why do we anatoginize the people here that we should be admiring.

The Staff- To call you amazing is nothing short of a miracle. You run sites disregarding stiff penalities

Brandon, probably the most amazing man I have known not in the sense he controlled the FTN empire but as a person. So humble, so drunk on irc(lawl), he is a true torrent hero, and yet there are people who make the puns about him that are splitting the torrent community. You put your trust in me from day 1, and regretably I failed you and your staff. I am sorry for making you look like a fool.

SgtMajor, I lead you on to a RTU site that had me crucified and your reputation tarnished, and you are one of the few who present the qualities what everyone wants in a bitorrenter, you should be admired

DV8Type, you were one of the only ones that forgave me after what I did, your character and humbleness truely reflects on what fsc stands for, to call you a hero is an understatement, I strive to resemble somebody so understanding and kewl in his perception, you my friend are a hero as well

System, you were apart of my RTU organization for a while, for a time I thought that maybe you could endorse us somehow, I wanted to set an example for the rest of torrenters that they dont have to resort to trading and other selling techniques. You trusted me with showing you what an anti-trading group was and I failied you, I am truely sorry that I messed everything up including your reputation

Benchez, you also were one of the people who helped me morph into a person that I am fimiliar with today, again I strive to match you day after day

RTU members, To say how sorry i am over this computer is something I regret, if only there was a way where I could make up the humiliation that I have caused you after I was banned from here, to this day I remember all of the names in our small, keen community
    benchez, sgtmajor, kallieb, thelevy, dajplanet, slickguy, markup, and so many more who contributing to a small-time forum that was destroyed because of my recklessness and stupidicy

Complete Gibberish- I am sorry that I scammed on your site and to say I paid Niteghost back for what I did is something I did to say I did, but for myself, I dont think I coud live with myself and not attempt to pay the man I scammed back. The way you run your site now is nothing short of a miracle you keep the bad guys like me out.

FST, I came to you as a Scammer, an Invite Seller, and a trader striving for the higher levels to get even higher levels, this post isnt intended to change anything that has happened but instead its just a reflection of myself and some of the people that i failed, this is a sorry to them. I leave FST as a changed man and although I know I cannot change what happened nothing will stop me from preaching the word torrenters need to here; we have to unite, we cant keep killing ourselves.

and most of this a sorry to FST, I regret the day I tarnished this place by joining it; you fsters make the sites what they are, I salute you.

-ham644, tmacovabradley, RTU admin, e320god and many more-

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i think i know that tone but i barely recall any of the nick u mentioned at the end.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    ??
    eee

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    other aliases: jeter, newer members wont recognize this

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    you know, you could have just pm'ed that to me if u wanna talk to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Contagiousss View Post
    It has come to my attention that with each day, with each hour, with each second that we breathe in this community called the Bittorrent community..........In the past year we have had staffers stepping down, sites feuding on which is the best, and an increasing number of so called "traders"; these include people who actively participate in the invite section and people who claim to be retired and others who have such diligent signatures as in "Looking for FTN for free". Basically there are 3 sorts of people in the p2p section in bittorrent

The traders- Now though they trade, many are actually good men. Why is it so harsh that they want to get their fair share of value? Why do we give them the hardest time for the recent "shut-downs" of recent sites? The truth is trading is a lot like spreading intel, although the mpaa and riaa and others may know how the system works its imperative that they do no leak through not just for my safety or our safety, but forthe sysop and staffers who not only put time in their sites (usually for no profit) but also put their selves in harms way. SCC's sysop once said, and i quote, "If I go down, everyone goes down" Now there is a huge discrepancy here, there is nothing wrong with plea barging here but to snitch the users and staffers who make your site is so to the left of being a snitch you might as well call him a "spy". So it is imparitive that you see that trading is not only an abomination of the entire peer2peer conecpt (just as choosing the not share file option in limewire) but it also is a security issue. Instead what of a proposal, since many of us like myself "choose" to hand out invites to the occasional person who is worthy of one, what is the point of requesting an invite on websites when you are the ones helping them by recruiting wise and knowledgeable members? Instead why don't we have a "honor" policy in place. When you invite 4 well deserving people as in they have good ratios and also are active within the community, they get a boost in their title, a + in the irc (love that), upload credits, and most of all the respect that you helped make the site you are apart of so great. Sounds corny and funny, but anything, anything to get rid of the phenomenon called trading is worth the shot. Don't do it because I said so, but do it for yourself because one day you might be the one staring at that vicious mpaa letter and you may be the one who brings the downfall of the best internet community known to the net, all because you sold,traded an invite.

The antitraders- The people who are retired traders, or people who just want to get "in" for free. You have to admire their courage to claim they are antitraders without knowing the purpose of being an antitrader. You don't antitrade to make friends, you antitrade to lead by example in the hopes that a trader might finally come to his senses. The people who even give the giveaways like the infamous and respected fstrulz trade for those accounts, dont you want to earn something forn once; dont you want to be apart of a system where you know that they admire you as much as you admire them. Rarity and community aside, to download a torrent is downloading someones time, work, energy and content all for your pleasing. Why do we anatoginize the people here that we should be admiring.

The Staff- To call you amazing is nothing short of a miracle. You run sites disregarding stiff penalities

Brandon, probably the most amazing man I have known not in the sense he controlled the FTN empire but as a person. So humble, so drunk on irc(lawl), he is a true torrent hero, and yet there are people who make the puns about him that are splitting the torrent community. You put your trust in me from day 1, and regretably I failed you and your staff. I am sorry for making you look like a fool.

SgtMajor, I lead you on to a RTU site that had me crucified and your reputation tarnished, and you are one of the few who present the qualities what everyone wants in a bitorrenter, you should be admired

DV8Type, you were one of the only ones that forgave me after what I did, your character and humbleness truely reflects on what fsc stands for, to call you a hero is an understatement, I strive to resemble somebody so understanding and kewl in his perception, you my friend are a hero as well

System, you were apart of my RTU organization for a while, for a time I thought that maybe you could endorse us somehow, I wanted to set an example for the rest of torrenters that they dont have to resort to trading and other selling techniques. You trusted me with showing you what an anti-trading group was and I failied you, I am truely sorry that I messed everything up including your reputation

Benchez, you also were one of the people who helped me morph into a person that I am fimiliar with today, again I strive to match you day after day

RTU members, To say how sorry i am over this computer is something I regret, if only there was a way where I could make up the humiliation that I have caused you after I was banned from here, to this day I remember all of the names in our small, keen community
    benchez, sgtmajor, kallieb, thelevy, dajplanet, slickguy, markup, and so many more who contributing to a small-time forum that was destroyed because of my recklessness and stupidicy

Complete Gibberish- I am sorry that I scammed on your site and to say I paid Niteghost back for what I did is something I did to say I did, but for myself, I dont think I coud live with myself and not attempt to pay the man I scammed back. The way you run your site now is nothing short of a miracle you keep the bad guys like me out.

FST, I came to you as a Scammer, an Invite Seller, and a trader striving for the higher levels to get even higher levels, this post isnt intended to change anything that has happened but instead its just a reflection of myself and some of the people that i failed, this is a sorry to them. I leave FST as a changed man and although I know I cannot change what happened nothing will stop me from preaching the word torrenters need to here; we have to unite, we cant keep killing ourselves.

and most of this a sorry to FST, I regret the day I tarnished this place by joining it; you fsters make the sites what they are, I salute you.

-ham644, tmacovabradley, RTU admin, e320god and many more-

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

oh noes, please dont make a pun about brandon, you might split the community!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    its not particulary him, its what he represents you obviously deviate that cause, i dont expect you to understand

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    other aliases: jeter, newer members wont recognize this
    okay, i don't know u then.

btw, i think you should have just pm'ed those members than creating a whole new thread. The FST you knew was probably different one....it's changed now.

<installing flame war>
    Last edited by squirr3l; 12-11-2007 at 03:07 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    its not particulary him, its what he represents you obviously deviate that cause, i dont expect you to understand
    you mean what the name brandon represents to the majority of FST users?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Alien, I dont want to argue with you, your always right and your hilarious, get the picture?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast