Thread: Fastest Dl's

Poster
    Disclaimer: idk who said what, ill give credit where i remember...

Before you dl nething dl kazaa ignite and set it at 5 second intervals. Also if you want to dl tcp optimiser (lamsey i think) and tell it to do the best possible tweak.

then do this (thanks tralalala)

1)click on the "check status" button and wait for it to finish.
    2)click the "localize" button and wait for it to finish.
    3)reorganize the supernodes by pressing the "response time" button (in the coulomn itself).
    4)find the supernode which is closest to your area and has the lowest response time.
    5)double click him so he appears in the newq supernode bar.
    6)click set new SN and restart kazaa.
    7)test your download speed, it should have increased quite a bit.
    8)if this didnt help, do steps 1-7 again till works.

Now search for whatever file you want.... keep "searching more" until the bandwidth is above 1500. Start downloading the file

In the "traffic section, uncheck the "+" box so it is a "-"... then in b/w the five second intervals, manually right click and "find more sources" for the users who u r getting slow dl's from...

This should help immensley.... from when i didnt do any of this to when i do it every time, i have moved from averaging 3-4 kb/s to average of over 85kb/s (ADSL) and I dled dumb and dumberer in about 25 mins.... hope this helps

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by Champ@12 July 2003 - 13:26
    Before you dl nething dl kazaa ignite and set it at 5 second intervals.
    If EVERYONE gets Kazaa Ignite and sets it to 5 second intervals, then the whole network will slow down as the searches end up using LOTS more bandwidth than currently. It might even be enough to overload supernodes, which if they start going down or failing to respond alot will result in much poorer search results.

Just like leeching (using the PL cheat), what's good for you isn't always good for the network -- so if everyone does it, everyone suffers.

If Kazaa Ignite is set to longer intervals, results for you will be about the same and use less bandwidth (if not for you then at least for the supernodes&#33 in the process.
    After all, update times for K++ nodes to send shared file changes to their supernodes is in minutes!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    sorry man just some tips

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Champ@12 July 2003 - 14:54
    sorry man just some tips
    I've got no problem with the rest of it (though someone else might) -- I'm just pointing out that the retry time for Kazaa Ignite may be too low.

If you can get the same results setting it to 1 minute, why not?

On the other hand, if this is meant to be an evil leecher trick with kazaa ignite finding people who've just fired up Kazaa but before anyone else has a chance to get an upload slot... that might explain why it's more effective -- but at a terrible expense to the network due to the huge amounts of message traffic it's generating.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Too bad Kazaa Ignite doesn't work with Kazaa K++ 2.4.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Proffesional Dumbass
    Too bad Kazaa Ignite doesn't work with Kazaa K++ 2.4.
    yeah i just found that out myself and im very dissapointed

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    If EVERYONE gets Kazaa Ignite and sets it to 5 second intervals, then the whole network will slow down as the searches end up using LOTS more bandwidth than currently. It might even be enough to overload supernodes, which if they start going down or failing to respond alot will result in much poorer search results.

Just like leeching (using the PL cheat), what's good for you isn't always good for the network -- so if everyone does it, everyone suffers.

If Kazaa Ignite is set to longer intervals, results for you will be about the same and use less bandwidth (if not for you then at least for the supernodes&#33 in the process.
    After all, update times for K++ nodes to send shared file changes to their supernodes is in minutes!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    take it from that guy, he knows what he is talking about, and besides, i would rather have a decent network that works, then have a slow network that barerly ever works....

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    lol im glad my tip came in handy NOT ONLY in the topic i started.

tralalala