Thread: Dreamcast Emu: Nightmare

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Sorry if this was posted before, but I came across a Dreamcast Emu called "Nightmare". This Site claims that this emu can play Dreamcast games. Is this true??

2. Games   -   #2
    it's a fake. it's just a scam to get you to send them $20 cash for their "rom ripper." you may as well just spend $30-$40 on an actual used Dreamcast, which does not need to be modified in order to play downloaded games.

3. Games   -   #3
    god I hope so. But I'm a little sceptical I think I'll try it and let you know once I get a good DC game. Zophar's domain doesn't even hve it listed though wich makes me a little more scepticle sence this would probable be the biggest thing in emulation sence Project 64. I'm hoping for the best

4. Games   -   #4
    LOL we must have both been writing replyes symulatniosly (sorry I can't spell). Someone should get that ripper though and share it right here in Kazza-the best P2P network ever.....I hope that will raise my participation rating.

5. Games   -   #5
    I came across 2 other sites:

This One - It has a download for Nightmare, and a download for the Rom Ripper crap. (The downloads are down at the moment due to bandwidth, should be back up in 4 hours)

and

This Site - It has a download for "Nightmare", but the rom ripper crap.

I don't have any DC games, nor have I downloaded these files yet. I'm just curious about this emulator.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Forgive me if I am very confused, as I don't really understand what you guys are on about, but if that program is claiming to run Original Sega Dreamcast games on your computer, then there bullshitting, the Original Sega Dreamcast games are on 1 G.B. discs, so they cannot be read by D.V.D. or C.D. Drives that you find on computers, therefore, that program could not work...

7. Games   -   #7
    That is infact true. But from what I've read, this emulator is supposed to play commercial games, but off roms, not Dreamcast CDs. I've seen many dreamcast games on Kazaa Lite, not sure if they are real but I'm curious about this. There is a post with DC roms in the verified hashes, I see you've been there.

Your right, DC games are not 700MB discs. But from what I've learn so far, the emulator runs roms, not DC CD's.

EDIT: Also, I'm not saying this emulator is real. It could be bullshit, but I don't know that for sure.

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@24 July 2003 - 17:18
    That is infact true. But from what I've read, this emulator is supposed to play commercial games, but off roms, not Dreamcast CDs. I've seen many dreamcast games on Kazaa Lite, not sure if they are real but I'm curious about this. There is a post with DC roms in the verified hashes, I see you've been there.

Your right, DC games are not 700MB discs. But from what I've learn so far, the emulator runs roms, not DC CD's.

EDIT: Also, I'm not saying this emulator is real. It could be bullshit, but I don't know that for sure.
    I've downloaded the majority of Dreamcast games avaliable on KaZaA, there not ROM's, but accually C.D. Images of rips of Dreamcast games. If you put them on a C.D., you can play them in your Dreamcast with no Mod-Chip required! In nearly all cases there is no reduction in graphics, audio or movies.

9. Games   -   #9
    Oh, my mistake.

Hmmm... it says the roms are in .gre format, never heard of it. I downloaded and opened the program, seems like some shitty thing someone made in VB. Im becoming to think that this emulator is indeed bullshit.

Well, forget this. Thanks for clearing that up twr7cx.

EDIT: Typo

10. Games   -   #10
    There is an emulator that can play commercial games but it's not open for public use just yet