Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Password Storer

TRshady
    After signing up at so many forums and sites it gets hard remembering all those bloody passwords and I try not to use the same passwords for obvious reasons.

So what I want is want is a password storer which would store all my passwords and when needed I can simply open the program and type in the site and it'll show me the password, or similar.

Also, I want the actual program to have a password to activate or open before use so other people can't use my passwords. I know passwords can be stored in windows but thats not secure and I regulary clear cookies and temps etc so it forgets them anyway.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I keep mine in a text file.

Then I zipped the file so I could add a password.

If the number of entries is large, you can search for site names using "find next" (F3).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    TRshady
    well, I was looking for something a bit more .... professional?, lol.
    But I suppose that would do for now ... thanks.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Hey Shady, I used to use "Account Login". You can store all password and sites there and there is a master password to open it. To open a forum or a site just right click on it(its in the taskbar) and select the site you want to go. Rest it does automatically...filling usernames and passwords etc.

Hope this helps!
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    All I&#39;ll say is this :-

Immediately stop listening to anyone who recommends Gator

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    TRshady
    lol, yep common sense helps I suppose.

Thanks a lot I.am, I take it &#39;account login&#39; is the name of the software and it sounds just what I need, I&#39;ll go looking for it now. Thanks again.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    or u could maybe create an excel worksheet.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    TRshady
    While looking for the program I.am mentioned at download.com I came across This, I think it&#39;s amazing and was exactly what I needed.

Thanks to all.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    You dont need a program. All you need is a text file and file and folder encryption enabled in xp (ntfs file system). Put your passwords and everything on it and encrypt it. Thats all a simple password storing program does anyway is keeps all your passwords in encrypted format.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    TRshady
    yeah, thats the obvious option but the program really does make things easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast