Thread: Global Underground

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Is there anyone else who noticed that the last two releases from Global Underground (32 & 33) are terrible?

If you are a fan, that is.
    Here is my NEW Speedtest .:.

2. Music   -   #2
    Nobody listens to global underground?

3. Music   -   #3
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    I do, and you're right. I'm (was) a huge global underground fan, and to be honest, these 2 last releases are not the only ones that I dislike. There's been a decline in the series imo.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

4. Music   -   #4
    Granted some of the other releases are weak. But the last two, just don't cut it. The rock-oriented vocal radio tracks on 32 just do not fit with the series ideals and fan base. I was horrified when I heard them. Likewise the 90s-like mixing and cheesy house tracks of 33's cd1, and the lack of cutting edge new tracks on cd2 (although the cd itself is not so bad) don't cut it either. GU has always been a place for cutting-edge, very new, typically unreleased, progressive music. I truly hope it finds it s way again with the next release.

5. Music   -   #5
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    That's what I was hoping some time ago, for it to be just a bad release and then back to the kick ass series it used to be, but sadly it just isn't happening. I haven't listened to 33 that much, just some tracks and thought I wouldn't waste my time with it. As for 32... as you say, if you listen to it without knowing, you'd never guess it was a GU.. I really don't like this new path the series has chosen.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

6. Music   -   #6
    Disc 2 of 33 is quiet good, but some of the tracks are like a year (or more) old.. .

Now Balance 012 from eq grey.. .simply great.

However, synchronized 2 & electric calm 4 from GU are really quiet nice.

7. Music   -   #7
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    He-he, only 32 and 33? It started at least with 29, which was total crap, in 30 Warren brought the sound back, but it was the last one, GU really need to pick some new talented DJ to mix their stuff, like EQ Grey does, they risking with the new talents and getting paid off
    TCS Byatch in training