Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do u search for a good ratio torrent?

Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I have a good connection...but it's such a slow upload i get!!!! My upload should be at least 60kb/s, but i get a lot less than that. So whats the best way for me to search for good ratio torrents? Btw...is it best for me to get music albums or sets, or just plain old tracks?
    Last edited by tweakz; 12-12-2007 at 07:21 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    imo if your not jumping on a brand new torrent you know is going to be popular it's best to look for a torrent with a good mix of seeders and leechers. If you go for the one with the most leaches you're likely to get caught short. Many times those leechers are in fact partial seeders and won't be downloading anything off of you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    imo if your not jumping on a brand new torrent you know is going to be popular it's best to look for a torrent with a good mix of seeders and leechers. If you go for the one with the most leaches you're likely to get caught short. Many times those leechers are in fact partial seeders and won't be downloading anything off of you.
    So what do i look for?

Let me guess...do i look for/ 1st, the newest files/2. most seeders/3. at least 1 leecher....does that sound about right?
    Last edited by tweakz; 12-12-2007 at 07:28 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by tweakz View Post
    Let me guess...do i look for/ 1st, the newest files/2. most seeders/3. at least 1 leecher....does that sound about right?
    Sort of...

1. look for torrents that are new and you know are going to be popular. Learn around what time popular tv shows are upped and grab them asap.

2. on older torrents look for a good mix of seeds and leeches...5/20 something like that.

also if you want to boost your ratio just download a torrent from a site that's easy to seed at and help seed it on another site...just make sure it's exactly the same.

If you're having slow upload speeds might want to check that your ports are forwarded properly as well that's often the problem.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    a trick is to grab what you want the second it hits the tracker and seeding it for over a month. even with a slow upload your ratio will go above 1 because most of the people with the seed boxes want to hit and run so if someone wants to download the rls a month after it hits the site they will have to download from you since you will be one of the only seeds left.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    If you're having slow upload speeds might want to check that your ports are forwarded properly as well that's often the problem.
    Well i think that my ports are forwarded properly, like how can i tell that they are not?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    most torrent sites will say if you are connectable or not. just check

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Ya they all say I'm Connectable. So i guess I'm being throttled?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    isp?

edit: just check yourself http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs
    Last edited by DanielleD87; 12-12-2007 at 08:13 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Edit:
    Last edited by tweakz; 12-12-2007 at 09:00 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast