Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Dexter | Official Thread

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    So I watched the premiere episode of Season 6 and I'm not sure how I feel about the focus on religion .Seems an easy target. ( Anyone else notice Dexter assuming a crucified position while being... errr pleasured?)
    Anyway so Masuka gets a hot girlfriend and no way Angel's promotion works out especially after the otherwise conspicuously irrelevant display of courage by Deb.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #192
    Just saw the season opener. While it was nothing new, it did make up for an interesting hour with Dexter going back to what he does best. I don't care much for the religious basis either but it did amount to a creepy killing and I enjoyed that. Also, these guys look much more formidable compared to last year's Jordan Chase was a major disappointment imo.

As for Masuka's new intern, looks like Angel has a better shot of tapping that for now. The shootout at the end was a total downer yeah....for a scene that would most likely lead to a power struggle (& possible souring of relations) between Debra and Batista, it did look awfully rushed.
    Last edited by bRIO; 10-04-2011 at 01:48 PM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #193
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    People who find pleasure in killing,even fictional ones,worry me.

While I do think Dexter is a good show I have real problems with such glorifying of a serial killer.Sure that paradox of villain/hero is a fundamental part of the show but still scenes like the one with Dexter "dealing" with his High School nemesis. a person whose "evil" was never properly demonstrated. leave me wondering why I bother.

If the producers wish to challenge my preconceptions of good/evil then imo a little more to the good may be required.

Btw I'm aware that like with slasher movies there is a certain fan base that tunes in simply for "the kills" but like I said , I'm glad I'm not one of those people.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #194
    Well people who seem to have a hard time delineating fiction from reality worry me more...since as has been evidenced numerous times in the past, these are the ones most prone to basing their moralities on works of fiction (majority of which are primarily intended as a mere form of recreation). But, then again (thankfully) these people form a teeny tiny subset and the rest of the majority are pretty adept at drawing the line between fiction and their real lives. It all comes down to the fact that a random piece of work might prove stimulating (at a visual or cerebral level) and yet doesn't necessarily have to be incorporated into one's psyche or even be compliant with a preexisting set of notions.

Anyways coming to dexter, with regards to character development and them challenging our beliefs about good vs evil, imho it's a little too late in the day for all that...those would have been valid discussions during the first few seasons when Dexter was still unsure about himself and still in exploration. I guess the one common thread to have emerged then was his need to share his real life (aka his secrets) with someone else....that lead us to meet Lila, Miguel and finally, Lumen. Unfortunately, Dexter being tied down to any of these characters probably meant that they wouln't be able drag on the series for very long and hence, it was a financially nonviable storyline. So what we got instead was each of these characters being bumped off leaving Dexter alone and all ready for the next season. For me, Dexter at this moment is more of a 'guilty pleasure'....more in the category of true blood than breaking bad.

p.s. The above stated is just my opinion though. Different people would look differently at dexter and expect other things off it....ultimately, as long as one enjoys the show is all that matters I suppose. Again, just my opinion.

5. Movies & TV   -   #195
    it's a great tv show but in my opnion i think it's same every season agin and again

6. Movies & TV   -   #196
    wazza100's Avatar Meh BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by zizo22 View Post
    it's a great tv show but in my opnion i think it's same every season agin and again
    agree its a great show but if it was the same every season how would that make it a great show?

7. Movies & TV   -   #197
    It's great show, otherwise it wouldn't stay on air for so long

8. Movies & TV   -   #198
    thebazzla's Avatar 'The Steelmen' BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    its not all been great there has been 2 series at least which have been dodgy to say the least. this season has been a bit on the slow side also .

9. Movies & TV   -   #199
    Last night's ep was the best of the season by far, this season is gonna be so intense!

10. Movies & TV   -   #200
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I'm actually finding this season to be a bit boring. I personally think the best of this series has came and gone. I'm enjoying American Horror Story a lot more.